How to Find Out-of-Print Sewing Patterns - Categories:

SewingCrafts

How to Find Out-of-Print Sewing Patterns

The sewing pattern companies reuse their pattern numbers. So, when you are searching for an older pattern you need to know not only the pattern number you are searching for - but when it was printed, or a description of the item so that you can find it. Simplicity 1234 could be a dress one year and a few years later it could be a shirt pattern. If you can't find a pattern you wanted from years past, here's some links:

How to find out of print or discontinued sewing patterns:

McCalls Out-of-Print Patterns:

Simplicity Out-of-Print patterns:

Sewing Collectibles and Vintage Patterns:

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Thanks for all this this great information.

Thanks for all the fascinating info.

Thank you SO much! I had a couple of patterns I really loved, but couldn't find in my current size any more. Now I might be able to

Also try www.patternpostie.co.nz the have a huge range of recently out-of-print patterns at great prices and the post anywhere.

August 2, 2011 Flag

I can't find the instructions for a pattern I want to use. I looked on the Simplicity website and it was not there either (neither is my pattern). Any help appreciated! This is a short set for youngest granddaughter.

By Suan

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You didn't' mention what type of pattern it was...dress, pants, top, etc. I'd be more that happy to help, if I knew what it was you were sewing. I've done everything from my own wedding gown to swimwear, lingerie, suits, etc. Garment construction is pretty basic, just like building a building.

Crafts SewingFebruary 27, 2008
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Pattern
Finding Vintage Sewing Patterns
Sewing Patterns
Making Your Own Sewing Patterns
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 6, 2016 at 7:59:41 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 788 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.