How to Find Out-of-Print Sewing Patterns

By Cyinda 214 1,287

The sewing pattern companies reuse their pattern numbers. So, when you are searching for an older pattern you need to know not only the pattern number you are searching for - but when it was printed, or a description of the item so that you can find it. Simplicity 1234 could be a dress one year and a few years later it could be a shirt pattern. If you can't find a pattern you wanted from years past, here's some links:

How to find out of print or discontinued sewing patterns:

McCalls Out-of-Print Patterns:

Simplicity Out-of-Print patterns:

Sewing Collectibles and Vintage Patterns:

By Cyinda from near Seattle

View This Page

This page is not on ThriftyFun, but we had to share it. Be sure to come back and rate it.

Filter Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thanks for all this this great information.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janice C. 18 710 Flag

Thanks for all the fascinating info.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jane jones 3 11 Flag

Thank you SO much! I had a couple of patterns I really loved, but couldn't find in my current size any more. Now I might be able to

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By BronSum 1 Flag

Also try www.patternpostie.co.nz the have a huge range of recently out-of-print patterns at great prices and the post anywhere.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Sources for Sewing Pattern Instructions

By Suan Boone 3 10

I can't find the instructions for a pattern I want to use. I looked on the Simplicity website and it was not there either (neither is my pattern). Any help appreciated! This is a short set for youngest granddaughter.

By Suan

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Maile 49 114 Flag

You didn't' mention what type of pattern it was...dress, pants, top, etc. I'd be more that happy to help, if I knew what it was you were sewing. I've done everything from my own wedding gown to swimwear, lingerie, suits, etc. Garment construction is pretty basic, just like building a building.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Crafts SewingFebruary 27, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Pattern
Finding Vintage Sewing Patterns
Sewing Patterns
Making Your Own Sewing Patterns
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 4:37:02 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsComments
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings