Fund Raising Ideas for Participation in People to People Program

I am 16 and I got invited to travel to 6 different countries, but need to raise money to do so. I need to raise about $6500, this is for the airplane, hotels, food, and activities. If you have any ideas on how to raise the money I would appreciate it. The program is "peopletopeople", created to help teens to become student ambassadors.

By Kelsey

Is this a program with your church or school or a youth group? Perhaps you can partner with them to host some sort of fundraiser? On your own, you can sell some sort of product, cookie dough, Regal gifts, chocolate almonds, microwave popcorn,and so on. Remember if you are doing all the selling yourself, you will need a product that is a bit larger than you might do if you were part of a big group.

You might partner with someone to put on a bingo or perhaps some friends would help you with a bake sale. A raffle is good fundraiser if you can get help with the ticket selling. If you are doing some sort of volunteer work when you go, you may be able to get a grant from some local service club like the Elks or Lions or something. If this is more of a vacation than a "working' or ambassador type trip, you might just consider getting a part time job and saving the money that you make for the trip.

Applebees and several other restaurants have a program called "Dine to Donate." The contact for Applebees is Ila Hooks. Her number is 810-278-5398. You decide your date and provide contact info. They'll make up as many flyers as you request and send them to your designated contact, even if that's you. You pass out flyers to family and friends, anyone you know will use them. On your day, Anyone presenting your flyer to their server (or cashier, I didn't get that straight) will have 10% of their total meal price donated to your cause. You can talk to Ms Hooks and/or your local Applebees regarding whether you'd be allowed to pass out flyers in the parking lot or at the door on your day. I believe you can do this as often and as many times as necessary to reach your goal. I don't have contact info for other restaurants doing this, but I'm sure you can find out by doing a search for the term "Dine to Donate participating restaurants." Best to you, enjoy your trip!

Better Living Self ImprovementJuly 25, 2010
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus
Friendly Pit Bull
Raising a Friendly Pit Bull
A happy nurse giving two thumbs up.
Nurse Themed Party Ideas
🎄
🍂