Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Oak Cabinets and Floors

I am looking for a paint to use in my kitchen. I have oak cabinets and oak flooring and I am using butterfly green granite. Any suggestions? I want to use Benjamin Moore paint. Thank you.

By Tom from Lawrence, MA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Mable Macaulay [1]01/19/2014

Warm colors goes well with the cabinets and I think your should go for beige color that really looks cool.

RE: Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Oak Cabinets and Floors

By Peggy [60]03/20/2011

I think a deep yellow would be lovely. Post a picture when your done.

Here are questions related to Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Oak Cabinets and Floors.

Question: Paint Color Advice for Kitchen with Oak Cabinets and Floors and White Appliances

view of kitchen cabinets and adjoining wallI have honey oak cabinets with black rustic hardware and white appliances. Our kitchen is painted a light cream with a yellow undertone. We would like to paint it a color to bring out the dark in the oak instead of hightlighting the honey/orange tone.

Our kitchen small and open to the main living area which is an olive green. We have hardwood oak flooring all throughout both rooms. Any suggestions? We are looking at a tan color possibly. The picture shows the living area wall on left.

By Carla D.

Most Recent Answer

By Alyie06/12/2011

I definitely wouldn't go for anything too dark considering the colors of the cabinets, counter tops and flooring. The following colors are Behr Paints from Home Depot, they have paint and primer in one. You can buy sample bottles of all Behr paints to try out.

From your picture, these are my suggestions-
The sand motif isn't quite as orangish looking in person, I have it on all my walls in my home.
Would love to see what it looks like after you paint. Please post an after picture. :)

RE: Paint Color Advice for Kitchen with Oak Cabinets and Floors and White Appliances

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Oak Cabinets and Floors

***

*** I have a Smoky Mountain dark grey/blue paint in family room. I need to paint the kitchen which is separate room, but connected to family room. My kitchen has oak floors and cabinets (golden orange/yellow).

What paint color would you use? We tried a golden yellow, wow, too much. I was going to go with soft yellow and was told it would wash out the cabinets. What do you suggest?

By Tonya from Cincinnati

Maybe a lighter shade of the same blue? (03/04/2010)

By MartyD

The blue grey is the color I would like to paint my living room after I get floors also. I love the colors together, the blue and the wood. I've seen a very subtle muted orange color paired with the blue, kind of like sunset on adobe clay, if you know what I mean. (03/04/2010)

By dogsinspire

Almond would be a great color to use. (03/04/2010)

By pokyhi

A dark red/burgundy would be my choice. It would highlight the cabinets. (03/05/2010)

By suem1009

In peach (03/05/2010)

By SieraStar

In green (03/05/2010)

By SieraStar

In a softer yellow (03/05/2010)

By SieraStar

I like the softer yellow. A kitchen needs to stand out so the softer yellow would be a sunny and cheery place to hang out to enjoy food with families and friends! I also like the grey/blue in your family room. Good luck! (03/05/2010)

By Aldancer

Green is beautiful. Peach is nice, too. You can also try a very muted rust color. How about ivory? I am not a fan of red or white in most cases.

What about back splashes that are either tiled or metal? I have seen some that are very lovely. I am not sure of the cost, but it can be done tastefully.

Take your pics to a Lowe's or Home Depot store, or even to a tile and carpet store and see what they say. You can even visit those stores online and see what is there.

But, I still think green is the prettiest. You could do sky blue, but it is very tricky to pull off and not look too dated. Good luck and post the final results! (03/14/2010)

By KLS8800