Container for Laundry Lint

I use the large coffee containers as a trash can to collect lint from my dryer. It is large enough to collect a lot, and allows the lint to compress without breaking the container. The plastic does not scratch or make noise if the dryer vibrates, it has a sealing lid, and when it is full you can either dump the lint into the trash can, or use another coffee container.

It also doubles as a place to contain items which are pointy or sharp that would normally cut through a trash bag. (razors, tooth picks, used pencils and the like.) I do not normally purchase the large coffee size, so I use the coffee containers from church which are abundant. Also with the sealing lid I can mix coffee I prefer with the cheaper coffee. This keeps me from finding another container to place the coffee in.

By Redbeard from Tampa

I use containers like that to dispose of things which I have broken cups, jars, glasses and dishes.

It would be nice if you would put some of the dryer lint outside in the spring so the birds would be able to add to their nesting materials, they like little pieces of twine, threads and ribbons also.

Good Idea. Another idea for use of dryer lint. If you go camping or build fires, stuff the dryer lint into the cups of a (empty) cardboard egg carton. Pour melted wax over. When dry and cool, cut apart the egg cups. Excellent fire starters!

Good idea for saving dryer lint, but you can keep the lint and use it for fire starters -- using one of the paper egg cartons, just put a bit of lint in each "egg" section and pour some candle wax on. when set they make good "fire starters".

Also use the lint in paper making -- the color of the lint will dictate the color of the paper.

Just some ideas...

I put my dryer lint in a mesh bag that oranges came in. I save all year so that I will have a goodly amount to hang out for the birds who need nesting material. I just hang the bag close to the dryer and stuff it in.

My husband takes all our coffee cans to his shop for screws, nails, bolts, and whatever.

I love the idea of putting dryer lint in a coffee can. I had been using a large trash can that always seemed to be in my way, so now, its out with the big trash can and in with the coffee can! I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. Thanks!

Collecting lint from dryers also helps our feathered friends. Put some lint outside, preferably where it will stay dry, and watch as the birds take it and line their nests.

Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans, A plastic red container of ground coffee.
Reusing Plastic Coffee Cans
Organizing Clutter ControlJanuary 26, 2009
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
Lint Roller
Uses for a A Lint Roller
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent