In Loving Memory of Hershey (Doodle)

Hershey came from the Port Orchard Doodle clan and needed a new home. He was all brown until his first haircut, then he had blonde tips from then on.

Baby Hershey

Our first trip to Lake Fenwick, he jumped into the lake to chase the ducks, and the first time he saw horses at Tony my son's house, he herded them and the goats into a circle. He made himself comfortable with Gary our friend's pit bulls. He would get into bed with Beau, when Beau (another one of our dogs) was sick. and would keep our bunny Mocha company in his cage, then run with the rabbit, playing together.

Photo of Hershey and Mocha the Bunny

He wouldn't let us go to sleep until we turned the heater off, he would stand by the bed and stare. As other dogs played, Hershey would stand by and watch, looking around like a security guard.

Photo of Hershey and Sugar the neighbor dog

He followed Vic, my husband, everywhere, into the forest, always in the yard, on hikes, at the ocean and he climbed rocks with him.

Photo of Hershey watching the snow

Hershey started sleeping under the bed after Beau passed and we wanted to get a dog for him, but had no idea. He didn't care about other dogs until on one of our walks, he greeted a strange white dog as if they were very old friends, nuzzling each other. We adopted the white dog, our darling Monte, and Hershey loved to watch us play, he didn't play that much, but would sleep nearby and you could see his ears moving in our direction all the time, listening to us.

Photo of Hershey on just another sunday

Hershey created a sense of security in the room and in our lives, he made you feel like he had your back.

I believe dogs are here for us, to help us on our journey, as we help them on theirs as a synergistic relationship. Hershey gave so much to this part of our journey, he will always be remembered.

By Jen in Kent, WA

In loving memory of Hershey

In loving memory of Hershey

My condolences to the both of you for your loss. Hershey was such a sweet dog. I remember our first trip with him up to Tony's house, and I got to hold him in the back the whole trip up there. He was such a cutie-pie. I will miss him.

I am so sorry. Hershey was so lucky to have the two of you to share his life with. Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures.

Aloha oe, Hershey.

Hershey was a sweet little puppy dog. I'm so sorry. He will be missed. xo

But I'm really glad I got to know him just a little. You were all lucky to have each other.

It's so hard to lose a pet. They are our love ones. I'm glad you were blessed with unconditional love. Good Luck!

Thank you for sharing memories of your beloved Hershey; what a treasure he was! I hope I'm lucky enough to find a dog like him some day.

Simply beautiful.

November 29, 2010 Flag

Hershey (Terrier Mix)

Hershey is 14 years old. He is a Terrier mix. Our friend called us and told us about him, so we went to get him in Port Orchard.

He comes from a family of Doodles. He loves to take walks, eat treats, and sleep. Hershey is a very faithful, dedicated dog, he takes his job as his family's security guard very seriously, keeping an eye on us at all times.

By Jen from Seattle WA

Answers:

Hershey (Terrier Mix)

He reminds me of the terrier in the movie "Labyrinth". (02/24/2010)

By pigeon toes

Photos Pets DogsNovember 29, 2010
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
A mouse made from two Hershey's Kisses.
Making Hershey's Kiss Mice
🎄