Ask A Friend To Take Your Engagement Photos

Some friends are getting married and asked me, a definite non-professional, to take some pictures to celebrate their engagement in order to save a few pennies. We went to some really pretty outdoor sites, since I of course don't have a studio and had a really fun afternoon together.

We're great friends, so they were really relaxed and happy being with me, which made for some really fun pictures. I simply spent some time retouching, then put the best ones on a disk and gave it to the couple as an engagement gift. Nice way to save pennies myself, since it only cost me the CD and a bit of time!

By Lynn from Johnstown, PA

Wow! What a unique & lovely photo! Perhaps you need to consider a career in photography.

When my hubby and I got married 32 yrs ago we had a simple ceremony at the courthouse. Still, we got dressed up and had two friends stand up for us. Another friend took pictures and they were really nice. We also had one of our hands with our new rings and then just one of our rings side by side plus shots with the Judge and outside since it was a beautiful Sept day. I was still able to put together a wedding album and it cost very little! Someone recently told me that her niece had to pay over $1,000 for studio wedding photos. I could hardly believe it!

Having friends or family take engagements photos is a great idea. We just had our room-mate take pictures of us in front of the fireplace all dressed up, & I just coincidentally wore a dress in the main wedding color ;)

It took lots of shots (about an hour total), fiddling & laughter but I'm just as happy with the unprofessional engagement picture as the professional wedding day photos.

Photos WeddingsDecember 3, 2008
Buying an Engagement Ring, A diamond engagement ring.
Buying an Engagement Ring
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
Young woman at her engagement party.
Planning an Engagement Party
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
🎄
🍂