Browsing: Recycling Old Trophies

Uses for Old Trophies

I am looking for ideas on recycled trophies. One was for lamps and the other for special Olympics. Could you let me know any more?

Patricia

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

We are a trophy company in the Chicagoland company that accepts all trophies, plaques, ribbons, medals and awards that people are willing to part with at some point in their lives. We have the ability to recycle them and provide new homes to these very memorable items to other smiling faces. We are in the process of creating a new website to show items being recycled to new owners and you can see the smiles that your memories are now creating memories for a new generation.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks

Michael Przybylski

Awardex.com

117 S. Cook St. Suite 360

Barrington, IL 60010

847-794-3347

mike@awardex.com

Thanks

Michael Przybylski

Awardex.com

117 S. Cook St. Suite 360

Barrington, IL 60010

847-794-3347

mike@awardex.com

I have some trophies from my kids younger days and would like to donate them. All I need is an address.

this just came in the email today :

recycling old trophies into cake toppers !

Re purposed Trophy Birthday Cake Topper

I love the whimsical feel of this trophy once it's coated in fresh paint and surrounded with fun birthday cake topper bits. Elizabeth Holcombe Fedorko created the project using a thrift store find and some basic cake decorating items. I've always loved the look of the people on trophy toppers, but have never been a fan of the bright, brassy sheen. This muted pink is perfect!

read this article : http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2 ... rthday_cak.html?CMP=OTC-5JF307375954

I wouldn't recommend dropping your old trophies off with a non-profit as they need to be cleaned up (most arrive in bad shape) re-engraved and new trim and dates added.

Organizations do not own laser engravers or have the tools and expertise to re-create them. If you drop them off with a charity it could burden them with storage issues.

For over 20 years Total Awards has accepted these treasured awards and recycled the parts and re-engraved and donated them to non-profits.

Where: Total Awards & Promotions

7475 Mineral Point Rd. Madison, WI 53717

http://AwardsMall.com

Donate old trophies to http://www.lambawards.com/recycle.html for recycling. They will redo the engraving for local charities etc.

Hi Patricia,

Just to add to some of the other comments, we get this question quite a lot from our customers. We are planning on adding a page to our site at some point with some advice, but in general we suggest the following -

Donate them to charity award dinners/evenings

Donate to local sports teams where funds are tight

Donate to local Student sports teams, again where funds are tight

Hope that helps a bit!

Patrick

http://www.trophystore.co.uk

Old trophies can be recycled by using the tops (the people, balls, etc) as a coat rack in a child's room by attaching the tops to a piece of wood as the hangers. The marble can be reused in the garden to separate flower beds, if you lay then on their side it gives a sawtooth effect much like bricks on their sides. Hope this gives you some ideas!

June 30, 2008 Flag

I have lots of trophies, most of them from bowling. Where can I dispose them?

JoAnn from Minnesota

Answers:

Uses for Old Trophies

Try your local YMCA or Park and Recreation. They may be able to reuse the trophy or maybe your local engraving shop could tell you where to donate them. (05/26/2008)

By Cheryl

Uses for Old Trophies

We donated our Bowling trophies to the junior bowling league. (05/27/2008)

By sherri

Uses for Old Trophies

Call your local County Extension office. As a 4-H Leader and member and officer of several rabbit clubs, we love donated trophies! Plates are easily removed and new ones added onto the recycled trophy. Another idea, post on your local freecycle ( www.freecycle.org ) someone on their might be able to point you to a specific group or organization in your area that needs them! (05/27/2008)

By Billie-Jo

Uses for Old Trophies

Try your local elementary school or high school. We reuse curling trophies for our school bonspiels. also some places do as has been mentioned, they swap out the top of the trophy to match the activity they are doing.

We live in a small town and my mom runs an activity afternoon for kids at the summer sports day. She uses donated trophies for her races, sunflower spit event, ball throw, etc. (05/27/2008)

By louel53

Uses for Old Trophies

All neat ideas. If you hate to part with them but have to. Take pictures of them for your brag book. Here you can keep them and show them off to your grandkids. Add news write-ups and you have a family history book. Now you can donate them to someone to enjoy or craft with. (05/28/2008)

By Cariboo Lady.

Uses for Old Trophies

I read somewhere that you can take the inters out and make a lamp out of them. Someone did this for the son from one of dads' trophies. Cool idea I think. (05/28/2008)

By Jessica

May 24, 2008 Flag

Even trophies that you won can lose their meaning as time passes. What are some ideas for reusing them?

New Requsest: How can I recycle trophies? Is there someplace they can melt them down or what can I do with them?

btmack

Answers:

Marble Slabs on Award Trophies

Many times after years have passed, old trophies are put in yard sales, or donated to thrift stores. The marble pieces can make nice paper weights when you glue on a decorative object.

Makes for a nice token gift!

By Syd (06/17/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Uses for Old Trophies

My brother uses the statue of the Old metal trophies to decorate in his garden. You just don't know what you will find in his yard. (06/17/2005)

By LOis.

Uses for Old Trophies

For any seamstress use the marble to lay on your patterns rather than pinning them. You can cover the blocks with wallpaper to be colorful. Saves a lot of time when you need to cut out an outfit. (06/17/2005)

By LOis.

Uses for Old Trophies

Call your local YMCA or YWCA and ask if they want the trophies. Sometimes they are recycled by charities or youth organizations. I donated my father's tennis trophies. He had a huge collection and they were too good to discard. (06/17/2005)

By cookwie

Uses for Old Trophies

I had about 25 trophies and 50 medals. I went through them and kept the first and the state trophy (dad was the coach so we got to keep it). I kept about 5 medals -- ones we won state etc.

It's hard at first to give away but you don't miss them.
Keep a few and give the rest to Goodwill - they might take them. Ours did.
(07/20/2005)

By

Uses for Old Trophies

I understand that those who conduct Special Olympics activities for the disabled and handicapped can use old trophies to reward their "winners" (07/20/2005)

By Mesquaw

Uses for Old Trophies

Yes, I have heard of nonprofits like Special Olympics re-using old trophies. They just take off the old engraved metal piece, replace it with a new one, and voila, new trophy. :-) I doubt old trophies can be "melted down," as many of them have a plastic core in the supposedly metal fancy tops. Even if they were solid metal, I doubt it would be economically worthwhile to melt them down.

I suggest calling some of your local trophy stores, to see if they have any leads on who might accept donations of old trophies. Good luck! (07/20/2005)

By sunhat

Uses for Old Trophies

See if your local YMCA or YWCA needs them. (07/21/2005)

By cookwie

Uses for Old Trophies

I have a daycare in my home and we did a Special Olympics this year and I would have loved to have had a trophy to give each child at the end of our events! Instead I bought party favor necklaces that were on a red white and blue ribbon with a medallion on it. (07/21/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Uses for Old Trophies

Instead of getting rid of the memories of your past accomplishments just transform them into something like Christmas Tree Ornaments.

Remove them from the base and tie fishing line to the top of it somehow, and they will probably turn out to be some of your most treasured ornaments! Of course there is a story behind every single one of them and they can be handed down generations to come.
(you may also embellish them with glue-on rhinestones, or glitter, or tie on bows or ribbons).
AND.....you don't have to worry about them sitting around getting in the way during the year...for they will only take up just a little bit of room with your Christmas Decorations!
(07/21/2005)

By Jo

Uses for Old Trophies

These are all good ideas, but I have not found the youth group or goodwill that really puts them to good use or wants them! I think someone could make a nice profit (or non-profit) by properly recycling and offering up to all the local teams that spend hundreds (thousands?) of dollars on them! (08/30/2006)

By STAIR

Uses for Old Trophies

I removed the engravings and display them in a large shadowbox (velcro attach).
As for the trophies, I am very dismayed that the local Boys & Girls Club and the PAL (police athletic league) don't bother to even reply to my request to donate. They must get enough funding. (11/10/2006)

By Pam in S Fla

Uses for Old Trophies

My son had a lot of bowling trophies. One year I got one as a no reason gift. He took the plate with his name on it off and in Black magic marker wrote "Best Darn Good Mom In The USA" and he signed his name on it. It is one trophy I will never get rid of. (11/10/2006)

By diane from wisconsin

Uses for Old Trophies

I ran track for 26 years and have 5 bins of medals and trophies. I called my daughters elementary school and offered them the generic one that were plain to be re-used for field day at the end of the year. (School saves money and kids go home with medals instead of ribbons) (11/28/2006)

By Endira

Uses for Old Trophies

Update: I am still collecting trophies and will be until November. I want to thank those who have donated, it means so much!

Hi,
If anyone has some trophies they don't need anymore and is willing to donate them please let me know. I am in an art show in Dallas and I need about 3000 (I'm half way there!). I have a DHL account set up and I pay for shipping as well.

The picture I am attaching displays some of the trophies I already have. The object behind it is a model staircase, which I intend to build with the 3000 trophies.

Thank you so much for your time. Feel free to contact me at mca10 at hotmail dot com.

mca10 at hotmail dot com (06/21/2007)

By mca10

RE: Uses for Old Trophies

Uses for Old Trophies

I know you can donate old medals to http://www.medals4mettle.org/. I don't know if they take trophies and plaques. (07/03/2007)

By Teri

Uses for Old Trophies

Another use...see http://www.gccreativeimages.com/donate.html. This company is a trophy store that can accept your donations and remove any engravings. Then they can reuse them with unique personalizations for other charity organizations. This is a great use for things like a personalized plaque with your name on it. After all, I bet some random child doesn't want Joe Bob's 3rd place trophy for bass fishing, but they would probably love one with their own name and event on it, or even Joe Bob's trophy with a generic "to a winner!" engraved on it. (07/03/2007)

By Teri

A photo of an old, gold trophy.
Recycling Old Trophies
Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 1, 2008
Trophy in Hands
Selling Trophies
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 7:29:28 PM on 10.0.1.195 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.