Chicken Piccata

I just came across this searching my tried and true recipe box and realized I haven't made it in a couple of years even though it's one of my all time favorites. Needless to say, it's what's for dinner some time this week!

Okay, I know the world standard recipe for Chicken Piccata calls for breasts but I prefer the thighs! I love this with sauteed green beans and a butter lettuce salad dressed simply with oil and vinegar ;-)

• 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs pounded to a thinner and even thickness
  • 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Flour for dredging
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup white cooking wine
  • 1 Tbsp. nonpareil capers
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Dredge thighs in flour, place in heated oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned (about 2 to 3 minutes on each side). Meanwhile, stir wine, lemon juice, stock and capers together.

Once both sides are browned, pour liquid mixtures over the thighs. Cook about 2 minutes longer for liquid mixture to be heated. Serve with the skillet sauce spooned over the thighs.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Yummy. This is now in my recipe box. My 2 year old daughter loves chicken.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryDecember 9, 2009
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Fried Chicken
Canning Fried Chicken
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume