I would like to know what to do with wood floors after a house fire?
By Theresa Jane from Lincoln University, PA
1. Sand the floor down to bare wood using a floor sanding machine and edge sander, both of which can be rented; be sure to vacuum between sandings.
2. Wipe sanding dust from the floor using a cotton cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
3. Use a 4-inch paintbrush to apply a base coat of sealer around the perimeter of the room.
4. Next, use a synthetic floor-finish applicator to spread the basecoat sealer across the middle of the floor; allow the sealer to dry two hours.
5. Use a clean paintbrush and floor-finish applicator to apply a topcoat of water-based polyurethane to the floor.
6. Allow the polyurethane to dry at least two hours, then apply a second coat.
7. After the second topcoat has dried, apply a third and final coat of poly. good luck.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!