Press and Seal as Lint Remover

You have the ironing board out, the iron is turned on, and you get your first item out - a black pair of trousers. Oh my gosh! the trousers are full of lint, but you have no lint brush. What do you do?

My tip - Take a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal and use that as your lint remover. It works great! I use it on all my clothing that is in need of lint removing. Put the sticky side on item, press with hand, then peel up. The lint is gone!

By VaLady10 from Gloucester, VA

An easier, longer lasting, and much much cheaper way to accomplish the same thing is to take a roll of clear packaging tape (I get mine at the dollar store), peel back enough to fold back around the roll and stick it so it stays folded back with the sticky side out. Then simply roll the tape all over the garment. It picks up every tiny bit of lint. If it gets so full of lint that it won't pick up any more, simply peel off that piece and unroll a fresh stretch.

Many people will say to do this same thing with duct tape, but I've found that duct tape tends to leave a sticky residue on the fabric, whereas the clear packaging tape doesn't.

This is a good idea but Press 'n Seal is so darn expensive. :-( Personally, I think it would be better financially to stick with good old fashioned masking tape which costs a lot less money.

lint roller
Removing Lint from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 18, 2010
Fabric Steam Press
Repairing a Fabric Steam Press
wrinkled slacks
Removing Wrinkles from Permanent Press Clothing
Singer Magic Steam Press
Repairing a Singer Magic Steam Press 7
Christmas cookies made with a cookie press.
Using a Cookie Press