Keeping Savings Safe From Creditors

Where can I place savings that are safe from creditors?

Mel from Ft. Worth, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

under your mattress

travellers checks, if you have to maintain a savings over a period of time, they are good for either 6 or 12 months. Cash them in and take out new ones, you may have to pay a small fee because you wouldn't be using your own bank.

How about just doing the right thing and paying the people to whom you owe money? Then you wouldn't have to hide anything from anyone.

I think you would feel better if you pay the debt that is rightfully owed.

maybe you should PAY your creditors

I would suggest cash somewhere in your house, or if you have kids you can open a savings account in their name.

This sounds like something highly illegal and not too wise. Records are there and the money can be traced.

Good Luck. I am not perfect. But I understand not everybody can pay all the bills all the time in a timely fashion.

We aren't in debt at all so I don't have to worry about creditors, We don't use banks, I cash my checks at Walmart or a check cashing store, we pay all of our bills in cash or money orders (nice to have receipts right on hand) and keep our cash at home, well hidden.

Are you a criminal? Are you trying to hide assets from your wife and children? Why are you refusing to pay debts you agreed to pay? Grow up and Pay up.

If you hide it under your mattress, your house might burn down. You could always bury it in the backyard, but I guess than a dog might dig it up. Sounds like you are hiding the money from the IRS or an ex-spouse.

Budget & Finance AdviceMay 17, 2006
Couple Negotiating With Creditor
Negotiating With Creditors
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Couple Using Online Savings Institution
Choosing the Best Online Savings Institution
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:00:04 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.