Use Two Dish Drainers for Handwashed Dishes

Living with a house full of guys who all are allergic to dish washing and lacking an automatic dishwasher, I find myself daily washing mountains of dishes by hand. The best thing I have found to help speed this chore along is to use not just one but two dish strainers. This enables me to wash the whole shabang and leave them all to drip dry.

I used to wash a batch, dry and put away, wash another batch, dry and put away. All that stop and start seemed to make it take forever to finish the job and lots of time I would get distracted between batches and end up with a job half done. Now I keep zipping along washing them, and complete the job fast.

By Kathy from North Scituate, RI

I hid two thirds of the dishes out in the tool shed and now there are practically none available. It wont overrun the sinks for sure, and it is easier to keep up with who is dirtying the most dishes and dashing away with out doing them. It is easier to keep up with them. There are paper plates in the cabinet for the summer, and there are only enough spoons forks and knives for each person to have one.

The last time I did mounds of dishes was the LAST time until more of them become less allergic to doing dishes, LOL. At least in the Spring and Summer when I have mounds of projects to come up with to keep them entertained and the yard work keeps me away from the kitchen for hours at a time. Who knows I may keep this up for the whole year.

If you are old enough to use the dishes you are old enough to

wash the dishes! That was the "in-between meals" rule here while my kids were still at home.

It is a well known fact drip drying dishes is health-wise.

Hand Washing Dishes
Hand Washing Dishes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJune 29, 2009
Cooking for Two
Cooking for Two Recipes
Two Ingredient Cake
Two Ingredient Cake Recipes
pots and pans stuck together
Separating Dishes that are Stuck Together
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes