Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning Burnt Sediment Of Your Coffee Pot Burner

Does any one know how to keep or remove the burnt sediment off of your coffee pot burner?

kristy

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Kim. (Guest Post)04/07/2005

Two methods have worked for me.

Vinegar and table salt mixed and scrubbed with.

A little more expensive, the Dawn Power Wash in the dark blue spray bottle will remove ANYTHING!!! I use it on the coffee pot, coffee maker, tea pitcher, pots, pans, anything grungy.

By badwater [242]04/07/2005

I worked in a convenience store, what we always did, was take a wet cloth to the burner while it was hot (watch your fingers!) We never needed any kind of cleanser for it, just a bit of 'elbow grease' and it was clean.

By Melissa [3]04/07/2005

Wash your dishes with a Dawn wash and toss scrub thing. They get tossed after each washing. Then I scrub out my coffee decanter with it. It has just enough soap leftover to clean it and the scrubby part doesn't get too abrasive.

I also clean out my coffee maker with vinegar when I start to see a build up.

By Barbie (Guest Post)04/07/2005

If it is seriously burned on you could use an oven cleaner.......you will have to wet and rinse well but it should remove it........or let a paper towel soaked in ammonia sit on it over night.....

By CarolAnn_421704/06/2005

Try wetting a paper towel with a half & half water/vinegar solution and let it sit on the burner after it's turned off but still warm. If that's not strong enough then try scrubbing with a baking soda & water paste after. Good luck!