Frozen Watermelon Smoothies or Daiquiris

We travel to the Bahamas several times a year and due to customs laws we are not allowed to bring in any fresh fruits or vegetables. However, I found that if I freeze them first, it was allowed, which is how I came up with this idea.

I cut and chunk a small seedless watermelon (I can get them for $2-$3 at our local farmers market). I divide into quart sized freezer bags, sprinkle chunks with sugar, and then freeze.

To make the smoothie: Place frozen chunks of watermelon in a blender and blend! No need for ice. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it creamier.

To make the daiquiris: Just add rum to taste, to the watermelon and blend.

If you love watermelon like we do, you'll love this refreshing summer treat!

By Michelle from Ft.Lauderdale, FL

GREAT idea!!

What a great idea. I'm the only one who eats watermelon at our house, so a lot of it goes to waste. As a result, I don't buy it more than once or twice a season. Now I can freeze the leftovers and have smoothies when I want them. Thanks!

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages Cool DrinksJune 16, 2008
Several different types of cut melons.
Freezing Melons (Cantaloupe, Crenshaw, Honeydew, And Watermelon)
Watermelon Salsa
Watermelon Salsa Recipes
Watermelon Sorbet
Watermelon Sorbet Recipes
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
🎄
🍂