Complaining About Bad Service

Even though I don't like to complain, there have been several times I have done just that. Here are a few tips to resolve complaints.

If you're dissatisfied with the service you've received, or if a product doesn't live up to its claim, you should always take your issues directly to the company or retailer. Here are a few tips to lodging an effective complaint:

1. Complain in writing.
  2. Make sure you outline exactly what will make you happy, whether it's your money back or a replacement product.
  3. If the issue still isn't resolved, take your complaint to a local media outlet. Jack Gillis says, "Sometimes, simply copying the retailers on the complaint is enough to get them to help you solve your problem."

By Bobbie G. from Rockwall, TX

ALSO - go the the TOP and "cc" (copy at the end of the letter - you should do this all In WRITING when at all possible) everyone involved - like the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Protection Agencies - and other outside agencies - I have found that outside pressure - or risk of exposure of that sort is really effective.

Don't stop with the Customer Service Department - too often they are only there to field calls and placate you - not really offer any viable solutions. My husband always asks for a supervisor - & he has even gotten bank charges reversed!

I do complain about bad service, but I also compliment the employee when I get good service. Too often people are quick to complain but don't bother to compliment. Last year I wrote a letter to the manager of a grocery store chain to compliment one of his cashiers. As far as I was concerned she went far above and beyond the call of duty (too long of a story to go into). The next time I went in she told me that she had been a cashier at different stores for almost twenty years and she had never gotten a letter complimenting her. How sad!! It came at just the right time, too. She was up for an evaluation and raise and I think the letter helped. So, guys, don't forget to compliment. You never know how you can make someone's day.

Since buying a Cingular Palm Treo 680 in January '07 the connection to the network would become garbled displaying a sequence of odd characters and lose connection to the network. The only way to re-connect is to remove the battery then replace it, sometimes multiple attempts before it connects. I replaced the phone with a new one. The problem still persists. Many calls to Cingular have failed to reach a reasonable to the problem with much prodding to get Cingular to admit there is a problem. Cingular is still promoting the phone as if there is no problem. There are blogs that reveal that this problem is widespread but you would never know it talking to Cingular. Moral of the story....if you want a treo 680 buy an unlocked one or buy it from another supplier other than Cingular. No other provider is having the problem.

Walmart # 14 Connie & Cust Serv, mgr Leron. They stopped the line while selling a credit card of theirs to a customer who did not have time to fill it out, but they would not chek her out until she took it. I waited in line 20 min. + 5 carts behind me!

Both of these incompetent clerks could not figure out the process for this & just kept all of us in line.Not sure what store # is but the mgrs name is JAVIER BRENES, & PHONE # IS (727)587-7822.

I want an apology. Compensation for my time. gift card with apology would be nice. Dixie honour

Making a Consumer Complaint
Budget & Finance ShoppingMay 16, 2006
A child playing with a nanny.
Name Ideas for a Nanny Service
Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Advice on Canceling Cable and Phone Service
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A female house cleaner.
Finding House Cleaning Service
🎉
🎄