Jalapeno Popper Recipe

Has anyone used canned, sliced Jalapenos to make poppers, using cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits then deep frying them? Do you have another suggestion? I am a beginner at this, please help. Thanks.

BJ

By antique person from MO

Maybe this will help you

Take raw jalapenos and cut the top off, and slice long ways remove ribs and seeds, you may leave the ribs and a few seeds if you like the heat.

Next take cream cheese maybe 6 oz, at room temp I sometimes use auto defrost to hurry the process, 2 tsp mayo or miracle whip, I use mrs dash seasonings, and garlic powder then I spoon the filling on the jalapeno 1/2, roll them in egg beaters and crushed corn flakes and then place them on a cookie sheet sprayed with pam or the like of, and then I spray the poppers themselves with just a burst of spray I bake them at 350 for 30 minutes, and if I have leftover filling mix I stuff them in mushroom tops with stems removed and bake them with the poppers.

I hope this helps you can kind of create your own filling once you get the hang of it. We love these poppers and they are ww friendly.

I just submitted this recipe this morning for the recipe contest and hope it will be posted :-) It's not with canned sliced jalapenos but you could chop them and add them to the cheese filling and use serano chiles as the shell instead :-) Anyway, it's my own take on it from experimenting over the years and it's so simple and yummy :-) Let me know if you try it and like it :-)

DEELI'S JALAPENO POPPERS

2 Quarts Vegetable Oil

2 Cups Flour

Salt

Pepper

2 Cups Beer (not dark)

12 medium to large fresh Jalapeno Peppers cut lengthwise (keep stem intact), seeds removed

4 Ounces Cream Cheese

8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 to 2 Cups Sour Cream

Clean Dish Towel or Paper Towels

In deep fryer or medium/large pot, heat oil to 400 degrees.

In small bowl, combine flour, beer, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.

In a small microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese and place in microwave to melt. Stir accordingly during this process.

Stuff each Jalapeno Pepper with as much of the cheese mixture as possible.

Working in batches, dip Jalapenos into batter, coating completely and fry until golden brown. About four to five minutes.

Remove from oil and place on paper towels or dish towel to drain.

Serve immediately with sour cream.

Note: The vegetable oil will keep for up to two more cooking usages if stored properly. Strain through cheesecloth if necessary.

Photo of homemade jalapeno poppers.
Jalapeno Popper Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AppetizersSeptember 13, 2009
Jalapeno Spread
Jalapeno Spread Recipes
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Jalapeno Peppers
Growing Jalapeno Peppers
Jalapeño Chicanee
Jalapeño Chicken Recipes
🎄