20th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas

My siblings and I are planning to give our parents a surprise 20th wedding anniversary celebration. I would like any ideas that anyone may have.

Anisha from MD

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have suggested this to a great many people. It's a google link to companies who will make you a fake newspaper that you can put photos, stories, milestones, and much much more. I don't know the cost, but if it's a bit high, perhaps some of you can chip in. I hope this helps.

http://www.goog  amp;aq=f&oq=

My first thought was a version of "This Is Your Life" ("This Is Your Marriage?) Of course, I don't know your parents' situation or your creativity level, but hey. It's a thought. If you don't know the "This Is Your Life" program premise, the featured person (in this case, couple) would be charmed by the M. C., and presented with a series (the length is variable according to the number of people who would want to participate) of friends and/or family from their past.

The M. C. recites a pre-written and clever clue to jog the memory of the honoree(s) before the old friend or family member joins them onstage. After the last person has joined them, the M. C. ends with, and so, (the honorees' names,) This Is Your Life (Marriage)" May sound crazy, but I hope it helps.

June 8, 2012 Flag

I'm having a party for our 20th wedding anniversary celebration on June 23rd at our local bar. I'm having the same band play that played at our wedding reception. We had a large poster made up with our "Biker Wedding" picture for people to sign. I just need some ideas on how to decorate in the bar. Should I use my original wedding colors of maroon, black, and white? I what to decorate as thriftily as I can. What do you suggest? We will have food, cake, cupcakes, and outside bar-b-que too.

By Beth M. from Spirit Lake, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Anniversary Party
Anniversary Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties AnniversaryMarch 11, 2009
Anniversary Date
Planning a Wedding Anniversary Date
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 10:29:25 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.