Making Bread in Cans

I remember making bread in cans years ago. I've been trying to remember how to do it. Can you use frozen bread dough?

IowaLady from IA

I make several different nut breads in cans for holiday gifts...baked in a crock pot. Just grease them well, pour batter 2/3 full, arrange 3-5 in crock pot (depends on size of crock pot and cans used) then place several layers of paper towels on top. Cover and bake on high for about 2 hours, or until they test done with a toothpick. They are really moist and delicious!

I found this on Recipe zaar but it didnt have a length of time for it to cook but here is the recipe.

White Bread Baked in a Coffee Can Recipe #4288

These recipes were in my local paper a few weeks ago and looked to be really good. I'm afraid that I did not keep the name of the person sending this in to the paper. White Bread Baked in a Coffee Can You will need 1 pound coffee cans these breads.

4-4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted

1 package active dry yeast

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

I found this one on chefmom website

Bread in a can

Easy to cut, cylindrically shaped bread baked in an empty Texsun or same-sized juice can. This recipe makes two cans worth, since it goes so quickly in a house with 4 children!

2 cans Texsun grapefruit or same-size juice cans, empty & washed

2 & 1/2 cups warm water

2 pkgs. (1 & 1/2 Tbsp. yeast)

4 Tbsp. shortening (I use Butter Flavor Crisco)

2 teaspoonsful salt

4 Tbsp. sugar

6 cups flour

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add shortening, salt, sugar and half of the flour. Beat two minutes at medium mixer speed or by hand two and a half minutes, scraping sides & bottom frequently.

Add remaining flour & blend with a spoon. Scrape sides of bowl. Cover with a cloth & let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F) about 30 minutes or until double in size. Then beat batter about 25 strokes and put into greased juice cans. Smooth top & pat with a floured hand.

Let rise again in cans until batter reaches 1 in from the top.

Bake 45 to 50 minutes at 375 degrees.

Remove from can and let cool on rack.

Cut when cool.

This is a great first-time bread recipe!

Tips for rising dough: I empty the dishwasher, take out the tube in the middle & start the heated drying cycle while I'm mixing it all up. Then I put the bowl with the dough, uncovered, inside the dishwasher & turn off the heat. (Make sure it's not too hot, though.) It rises quicker & it's out of the way while you clean up.

After cool, bread is easy to cut, since it has the indentions of the can imprinted on it. Virtually impossible to make a crooked slice. And the smell is wonderful!

Prep time: 10 minutes until mixed, then add rising times

Serves 10

I remember it, to. That was when Pumpkin Bread first came out, and it is the same as the current recipes as far as I can tell.

Reusing Aluminum (Tin) Cans
Reusing Tin Cans
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsNovember 21, 2005
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Making Bread in a Can
Making Bread in a Can
🎉
🎄