Uses for Bread Tabs

My favorite uses for these cute little thangs. Please add your ideas.

On my Rolodex, I tape bread tabs on the cards most often used. Write the person's name with permanent marker and it's a real time saver.

This is one item I can't bring myself to throw away. I have a whole china teacup full, isn't that terrible? Other uses I've heard of are using them to scrape a teflon pan and to label extension cords.

Does anyone have any other ideas for using these, maybe especially in craft projects?

By Jayne

Not a craft tip, but if you stick a bread tab under the end of a roll of tape you'll never have trouble finding the end or starting the roll again.

Here's an old one from our archives:

My favorite frugal tip is to use the rectangular plastic bread bag closures to clean any dried splatters on your counter or floor. They don't scratch the surface and save a lot of money over the scrubber sponges.

- L. J.

In a clutch, it makes an excellent guitar pick!

For gardeners who like to experiment with new varieties of tomatoes and peppers and other plants that use wire cages or have wire fencing to climb on, the bread tabs are a great way to identify the new plants you're testing. After you get your plant set in, and have the wire cage or fencing in place, simply use a permanent marker to write on the tab which variety the plant is, and then snap the tab onto the top of the cage or fence wire in a conspicuous place. Then mulch away!

Reuse as garage sale tags instead of tape on things that the tape messes up. If you have a mess of wires around the pc & tv like we do - use them to identify specific cords to make it easier when you reroute cords or move or clean. Just mark them TV, DVD, PRINT, SCAN, CAM, etc. with a permapen !

Use them to label electric cords on surge outlets. Have one for aquarium and use marker to label pump, heater, filter, light. Computer area labeled PC, printer, scanner, etc. Also use a bit of red tape for items need to plug into battery back up. TV area- TV, VCR, DVD. If need to unplug one item-to move or replace, don't have to chase down the cord-it's labeled.

BRead Ties With Faces Painted on Them
Uses for Bread Ties
Rainbow Bracelet
Crafts Using Pop Can Tabs
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Pop Tabs
Selling Pop Tabs
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread