A New Ornament Each Year

Every year since they were little I have given my girls a new Christmas ornament. We also have friends who have exchanged Christmas ornaments with the girls for years. This will be great as when they leave home they will have their own set of ornaments with memories for their own Christmas trees. Plus it makes for a reasonably priced gift to exchange with friends each year.

By Starlight from North Platte, NE

I bought a new ornament for my son for the past 19 years. He moved out this year but I didn't want to give up the ornaments. If I had to do this all over, I would purchase two ornaments, one for him to take with them when he moved out and one for me to keep and cherish the memories.

I also started buying my son a new ornament each year starting in 1978. My mother would also send him one. We have a "blended" family of 3 children now and I have kept up the tradition. I also told them that once they were on their own, they could have the ornaments. Well, the 2 oldest are on their own with babies.... and I still have the ornaments! I am having a bit of separation anxiety since I am a holiday nut. My NEW deal was that after they were married for 5 years, they could have their collection only under CONTRACT that if anything should happen....I get custody!! They laugh, but I am serious. I have started buying them thier own since they left along with my 2 little grandbabies!!

Girl in Santa hat with arm load of gifts.
Christmas Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts FrugalDecember 8, 2005
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
New Hampshire Christmas Charities
New York Christmas Charities
New Mexico Christmas Charities
🎉
🎄