Dining OutEntertainment

Check Out Restaurants.com for Thrifty Dining Out

This site, http://www.restaurant.com/, has gift certificates of various amounts. A certificate for $25.00 usually runs $10.00. Here is where the savings come in. I wait until the certificates are 50% or more off. This is a HUGE BARGAIN! At 50% off, this means that you will get a $25.00 certificate for $5.00.

I have found that the restaurants listed are not your local chains. Often they are new places, or others that are trying to drum up more business.

We have been pleasantly surprised at some of these "new places", that we would have never explored without the certificates.

Read the fine print, most places require that you spend a certain amount on food, alcohol is usually not included, and some places have restrictions on the days you can use your certificates.

Check out the site, it does not cost anything to join, and I have not received any spam as a result of subscribing.

By Christine from Sterling, Virginia

I use this site too and have saved alot of money.

One word of caution though. The first time I used it I didn't read the fine print and missed that the tip of 18% would be automatically added to the check, I didn't remember this when the bill came. I didn't analyze the check, we were out with friends we hadn't seen in a while and not paying attention, and we left her an additional 20 to 25% on top of that. I work in a restaurant and if it had been me I would have explained that it was already on there. The service wasn't even good, let alone 40% tip good, so read the fine print. That server probably laughed at us all night. So read the fine print everyone.

Sandy/Pittsburgh

I have used Restaurant.com for a couple of years now and have never had a problem using the certificates. It is a great way to save money and still have an inexpensive dinner out.

I use these monthly. I wait till they give a coupon code and get them for 60% off. If you register with them they will send you a e-mail with the code when they go to 60%. Do read the print.