Tree Birthday Cake

I'm trying to find a idea for a birthday cake made like a tree. Can this even be done?

I think the easiest is to make cupcakes and arrange them to look like a tree. Swirl on the green icing and then decorate with all the trimmings.

The cupcake tree idea is great. Another thought might be to buy a special cake pan in the shape of a tree (I've seen Christmas tree pans). Of course, if you don't plan on using the pan often, I'd go with the cupcake idea. Happy baking!

You can bake a sheet cake in a 9x13 pan, let it cool, and then trim it into the shape of a triangle. Use a piece of trimmed-off cake cut into a square to make the trunk, or use a chocolate snack cake. Frost the whole thing green. You can use coconut to simulate snow sprinkled on the branches, and all different kinds of candy for your ornaments.

OK, so this isn't exactly what you ask for, but if you want to do cupcakes instead... when I taught K, I came up with this for our food Christmas project. Use a sugar cone (the pointed ones that look like a dunce cap), and "paint" them with a good layer of green frosting. We then used string licorice and sprinkles to decorate the trees. You can set them on top of vanilla ice cream scoop or a cupcake frosted with white icing for "snow" on the ground" Just an idea!

Another idea is to bake 1 9x13 and cut it diagonal and then place the two points together-it will then have a large triangle look. You'll have to bake a small rectangle for the trunk, too.

Gotcha all. Thanks, I'll try these great ideas.

Look at Collettes Cakes - she is a cake decorator and has a pine tree cake in one of them that she took several round cakes with different heights and stacked them.