Scorch Mark From an Iron

How do I get an iron print out of knit pants from using too hot of an iron?

By Virginia May from Hot Springs, VA

I am so sorry but you can't :-( Is the burn mark on a portion where you might be able to dress it up with a cute patch or some embroidery? Or lower on the leg where you can turn the slacks in to a pair of shorts or a pair of capris?

You will have burned and melted the fibers. This is not something that you can fix, except to cover it up. You could check in the archives here on Thriftyfun, as some maintain they can get a scorch mark out if it isn't very bad. I wouldn't get my hopes up, unfortunately.

April 10, 2015 Flag

Unfortunately top edge burned in iron box. What doI do to repair my clothes?

By Lavanya

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 2, 2011 Flag

How do I repair a scorched spot on a nylon shirt?

By CM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well depending where it is and/or how big it is-you could embellish it with a pin or button design or patchwork & embroidery with lace, buttons, sequins,etc. Or store bought patches: flowers, butterfly's, birds, etc. I don't know how to get rid of it or even if you can. I've saved a few things with this method from holes, and pulls in fabric & stains.

My solution is to cover them up. If it is in a strange spot like in the middle, put a scattered pattern on it (1 here,1 there) to make it even & balanced & no one will know. You will most likely end up with something you really like, & it's a chance to be creative. If you don't want to do this you can try "Ask Helowise " (I think at : Good Housekeeping.com or Ladies Home Journal.com). I hope this helps. : )

April 16, 2011 Flag

While ironing, I burnt the material. How can I get the stain out? Any suggestions?

By Marianne from Chattanooga, TN

Answers:

Scorch Mark From an Iron

Soak it in vinegar and then hang it in sunshine. You may need to do this a few times. It works, good luck. (10/28/2009)

By kffrmw88

Scorch Mark From an Iron

I am sorry to tell you that there's no way to "fix it", but you can try covering it up artfully with a patch or tie die or iron on transfer design. Once something is burned it's burned and there is no way to "remove" a burn. It's the same as a skin burn and even scorch burn leaves a scar. (10/31/2009)

By Deeli

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 28, 2009 Flag

How do you get an iron scorch mark off of a shirt? I have tried everything possible, and it still won't come off.

By ChrisaA. from Bluefield, WV

Answers:

Scorch Mark From an Iron

Soak it in vinegar then hang it in sunshine. You may need to do this a few times. It works, good luck. (09/09/2009)

By kffrmw88

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 8, 2009 Flag

My iron accidentally tipped over when I wasn't looking and scorched a brand new cotton shirt. I tried Oxi-Clean and peroxide, and it didn't get the scorch mark out. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Andrea from New York

Answers:

Scorch Mark From an Iron

This is from the Hodgson Mill website
http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

Removing scorches can be made easier by wetting the scorched area and covering with Corn Starch. Brush excess off when dry. (01/24/2007)

By Greg1796

Scorch Mark From an Iron

Try saturating a white cloth with hydrogen peroxide and placing the cloth on top of the scorch spot, then iron on top of the wet cloth with a hot iron. Let us know if this works. (01/27/2007)

By Sharon

Scorch Mark From an Iron

Sharon- I scorched my favorite white cotton blouse. Used your suggestion of the peroxide and white cloth, and it worked beautifully. Thank you. (06/04/2007)

By Laura

Scorch Mark From an Iron

The thermostat on my iron malfunctioned today and left a scorched imprint of the iron on my brand new cotton continental quilt cover. I immediately soaked the stain in cold running water and then searched for something I thought would work. I had a bottle of baby bottle sterilizing fluid (Sold under brand name of Milton in the UK or most supermarkets have their own version). I put a plate under the stain to act as a reservoir and gently brushed the fluid onto the scorch mark with a pastry brush.

The stain began to fade within seconds and was gone within a couple of minutes but did not affect the striped pattern. I then rinsed well and popped the cover back in the washing machine. The sterilizing fluid contains 5% sodium hypochlorite and is also brilliant for cleaning kitchen sinks and removing tea and wine stains from kitchen worktops. But beware - any splashes will leave bleach spots on your clothing. (06/23/2007)

By Pat - in UK

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 22, 2007 Flag

If you accidentally scorch a cotton shirt with an iron, you may be able to save it. Quickly put the shirt in ice cold water and let it soak overnight. Then treat the stain and wash as normal.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A burn mark from a clothes iron.
Removing Iron Burn Marks on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 16, 2011
Waffle Iron
Cooking Uses for a Waffle Iron
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 9:07:43 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.