How do I paint my car?
By Apigo from Manila, PHI
You will be much happier having a body shop paint your car. You can take the car to Maaco and have it painted for a few hundred dollars. If you were to do it yourself here is a list of things that you need to do to get a passable job.
1. Find a place to do the work.
2. Wash the car.
3. All windows, chrome and everything not to be painted must be masked with tape and masking paper.
4. Any dents and other imperfections filled in with body filler.
5. Car is sanded with fine grit sandpaper.
6. Dust from sanding remover and tacked down.
7. A paint gun must be used and a source of air to spray the paint on with an air compressor.
8. Primer applied.
9. Top coat applied.
10. Urethane finished applied.
11. Because the type of paints used on cars today a very good paint mask must be used to protect your health.
I suppose you could use aerosols paint cans but the results will be lousey.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!