Digital Camera Memory Card Identification

Camera memory cards can be misplaced easily or stolen. To insure return of a memory card, a person can make a computer business card with pertinent information regarding their name, address, phone number, email address, etc. A statement - "If this memory card is found, please return to the owner listed on this sign" should be included on the ID sign. When the memory card contents are deleted, a picture of the ID sign is made and kept on the memory card until the memory card contents are deleted again. The sign font should be large enough so a person who might find the misplaced memory card inserts into a computer, the memory card ID information can be read and the memory card can be returned to the rightful owner.

Source: My daughter found a digital camera card memory card; she took it home and inserted it in the computer; family photos were on the memory card plus a picture with two boys holding a sign with a phone number on it; she called the phone number and was able to locate the owner of the memory card. When she relayed this story to me I thought that a memory card ID could be made by memory card owners to protect their precious memories.

By Jose from TN

What a great idea!!! I will do that.

Margaret from Denton, TX.

What an awesome idea. Never even thought about it (and I'm always loosing stuff). Thank you for sharing.

What a great idea,I need an ID Memory card for my neuro probs,but this is also great I have lost all my pics & details in loosing or forgetting 2 pick up my camera,shall do this myself thanks for the great idea very helpful & grateful to you :)

What a wonderful idea...I have been lucky and have never misplaced a memory card, but always a first time! Thanks so much for the idea!