Blueberry Stain on Clothing

What will remove blueberry stains from clothing?

By Lillian from Lincoln, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Try the 3% volume hydrogen peroxide that you can purchase at the pharmacy or market (it works wonders even to remove blood stains) buy pouring a little, letting sit for a minute, rub fabric together and then wash as normal. Please do a test in an inconspicuous place on the fabric first for colorfastness though.

Pour boiling water over the blueberry stain; it has to be boiling water and not hot tap water. Works on any type of berry stain. My granddaughter dripped blueberry ice cream on her sweater the other night and the boiling water took the stain right out. :)

It really works, vinegar and boiling water. I can't believe it. I always though hot water set a stain.

Fantastic. I can now wear my new t-shirt ,thought I would have to wear it under another.

Thanks, a bushel of Blueberries!

This is great. I thought my son had ruined his khakis as well. I scrubbed vinagar into the stain them poured boiling water over it and it just rinsed away. Best laundry tip since blood and peroxide!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

September 4, 2010 Flag

I have a blueberry stain on my favorite beige cotton pants. Please help.

By Chandra from Chicago, IL

Answers:

June 23, 2010 Flag

How do I get blueberry stains out of clothing?

By Weisgerber1

Answers:

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Use plain hydrogen peroxide. Pour it on, then let it sit and fizz, then do it again. (08/05/2009)

By Cyinda

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I lay the stained clothing in the kitchen sink and holding the kettle high above the stain pour a slow small stream of boiling water on the stain. Be careful. Never used vinegar. Good for berry stains. (08/07/2009)

By Coolcook

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I am so grateful for these suggestions about using vinegar and boiling water on blueberry stains. I was able to save one of my favorite blouses! (08/18/2009)

By Jan T.

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

My husband just got a blueberry stain on his tan dockers. He hand-washed the spot with Ivory bar soap and it only half came out. He hand-washed the spot with borax and it came out. I think we have to get stains all the way out before putting it through the laundry. (02/09/2010)

By Barb Thom

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I am a guy who just stained his new shorts with blueberry. Covered 3 stains with vinegar and boiled water. Scrubbed the stains with a toothbrush and white vinegar. Still did not disappear completely. Used the boiling water and they were gone. Washed in cold water, and 2 hours later they were good as new. Thanks for such ideas. Who would have thought that hot water would not set the stain? I guess I need to retake chemistry 101! (05/16/2010)

By Ticotino

August 4, 2009 Flag

How can I remove fresh blueberry stain from cotton material?

Charlene from MS

Answers:

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I recently tried a stain remover recommended by a co-worker. Brand new ruined blouse. Got melted butter and cheese on it at a pizza buffet. I had tried the spray removers 6-7 times with no luck. This stuff took it out the first try. It also removed a very dark stain from one of the light colored chairs in the office. It is called M-30. It comes in a small container like some of the hand cleaners. I found it at Dollar General. (06/16/2008)

By MurphTheJo.

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

My 8 month old daughter spit up blueberry baby food on my new white cotton shorts. I tried the vinegar and boiling water, and was a little concerned when the stain had not come out by scrubbing it with the vinegar, but was amazed to watch it disappear as I poured the water on it. Very cool. (07/08/2008)

By Sarah B.

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

The typical pre-wash products usually do it for me, but when a bird who had obviously feasted on blueberries left its blue-stained droppings on my husband's red shirt, my pre-wash failed me. So I turned to the internet, and found your posting. It took a few treatments with the vinegar, detergent, and boiling water, but it appears that the stain has disappeared, with no damage to the red shirt. Thank you. (08/21/2008)

By Jenna

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I wish I could say the blueberry stain on my son's yellow cotton shirt had come out completely with the vinegar and hot water method. I read all the feedback, and was quite hopeful (it was the first time he had worn the shirt). But after many trials over several hours, using two separate kettles of hot water, and then laundering, a dull greyish stain remains. Perhaps it is because I wasn't able to get to the stain right away, and it had set. (10/13/2008)

By rubies44

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Boiling or hot water locks in stains. That's what I learned the hard way. (11/04/2008)

By allykat

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

The vinegar and hot water solution works on wool too! Poured the white vinegar on and blotted off with a paper towel and rinsed with hot water. (02/13/2009)

By May

July 14, 2004 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
fresh picked blueberries
Removing Blueberry Stains From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 4, 2010
Blueberry Pie
Blueberry Pie Recipes
Blueberry Pudding
Blueberry Pudding Recipes
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Blueberry Cobbler
Blueberry Cobbler Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 18, 2016 at 6:05:15 PM on 10.0.0.71 in 477 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.