Blueberry Stain on Clothing

By Lillian 1

What will remove blueberry stains from clothing?

By Lillian from Lincoln, CA

Filter Sort

thr522587 Flag

Try the 3% volume hydrogen peroxide that you can purchase at the pharmacy or market (it works wonders even to remove blood stains) buy pouring a little, letting sit for a minute, rub fabric together and then wash as normal. Please do a test in an inconspicuous place on the fabric first for colorfastness though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Babci48 1 4 Flag

Pour boiling water over the blueberry stain; it has to be boiling water and not hot tap water. Works on any type of berry stain. My granddaughter dripped blueberry ice cream on her sweater the other night and the boiling water took the stain right out. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ev 1 Flag

It really works, vinegar and boiling water. I can't believe it. I always though hot water set a stain.

Fantastic. I can now wear my new t-shirt ,thought I would have to wear it under another.

Thanks, a bushel of Blueberries!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

December 4, 2012 Flag

This is great. I thought my son had ruined his khakis as well. I scrubbed vinagar into the stain them poured boiling water over it and it just rinsed away. Best laundry tip since blood and peroxide!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Blueberry Stain

Can anyone tell me how I could get fresh blueberry stain out of a child's new swimsuit (cotton/spandex)?

Rene

Answers:

Peroxide and Baking Soda

Try peroxide and a little bit of baking soda. (07/15/2004)

By Tawnda

Boiling Water

Pour boiling water on a blueberry stain until it is gone (07/20/2004)

By julie

Vinegar

VINEGAR! WOW it came out so fast i could bnot believe it, then I ran the hot water over the stain so it would not set. I was amazed!! (07/21/2005)

By karyn71

Oxyclean

Try oxyclean and let the item soak. It works for me. (07/21/2005)

By peggygv

Here's the Remedy I Tried

Lemon juice after soaking in oxyclean for an hour. works like a charm. the stain really does dissappear. Hooray! (08/02/2005)

By poor khaki pants

White Whine

Try applying white wine. I tried it on a linen blouse and it worked. I remembered the tip for red wine stains so I tried it for blueberry and lo and behold= bingo! Be sure to wash the garment in soapy water afterward or people will be wondering what kind of bottle you are giving your little tyke!LOL (08/06/2005)

By Eileen

Baking Soda and Peroxide

My toddler got huge blueberry stains all over his new white shirt. I used the advice from previous posts. First, a little baking soda and peroxide which made the stain fade substancially, and the I poured boiling water over it and it was as good as new! Thanks! (03/24/2006)

By Susan

Vinegar

Vinegar Rules! Today at work I got a blueberry stain on my brand new Khaki's! Thank goodness we had vinegar in the store room! I took a toothbrush dipped it in the vinegar a little elbow grease... and Voila! Thank You! (05/17/2006)

By Chris

New Request:

How to remove fresh blueberry stain from white t-shirt?

Joe

Answers:

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Well, being a cheap European, I went for the boiling water. I had a dried blueberry stain on expensive, brand new, light beige capris. There wasn't enough water in one kettle to get out the stain the first time, so I repeated it by pouring the water over the stain while holding the capris over a pot and then let them soak. Worked beautifully in about 5 minutes but I wouldn't try it on fabric that needs cold washing. (07/27/2006)

By Adele

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Great Advice! The bluebeery stains came right out when using vinegar. I did pour boiling water over after just to be on the safe side. (08/06/2006)

By TomKat

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Great advice. A blueberry from a warm muffin got on my dress and sweater. I took the advice suggesting vinegar and was a little worried to pour the boiling water over it. Voila! Once I poured the boiing water over the vinegar, it was gone (08/15/2006)

By Betsy

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

All of my life I've been picking blueberries in the oldest, rattiest clothing. I was putting some in the freezer today when the juice leaked and got all over my brand new (light pink!) sweatshirt. I tried vinegar, and it was amazing. It literally just disappeared as soon as I put it on! Thank you so much for your help! (09/11/2006)

By Andrea

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I removed a blueberry stain by first using white vinager with gentle scrubbing with a tooth brush. Then poured on a cup of boiling water. Then I used some hydrogen peroxide and followed by a rinse of boiling water and the stain went bye-bye. (09/11/2006)

By Jim

Archive: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

How can I remove fresh blueberry stain from cotton material?

Charlene from MS

Feedback:

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I recently tried a stain remover recommended by a co-worker. Brand new ruined blouse. Got melted butter and cheese on it at a pizza buffet. I had tried the spray removers 6-7 times with no luck. This stuff took it out the first try. It also removed a very dark stain from one of the light colored chairs in the office. It is called M-30. It comes in a small container like some of the hand cleaners. I found it at Dollar General. (06/16/2008)

By MurphTheJo.

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

My 8 month old daughter spit up blueberry baby food on my new white cotton shorts. I tried the vinegar and boiling water, and was a little concerned when the stain had not come out by scrubbing it with the vinegar, but was amazed to watch it disappear as I poured the water on it. Very cool. (07/08/2008)

By Sarah B.

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

The typical pre-wash products usually do it for me, but when a bird who had obviously feasted on blueberries left its blue-stained droppings on my husband's red shirt, my pre-wash failed me. So I turned to the internet, and found your posting. It took a few treatments with the vinegar, detergent, and boiling water, but it appears that the stain has disappeared, with no damage to the red shirt. Thank you. (08/21/2008)

By Jenna

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I wish I could say the blueberry stain on my son's yellow cotton shirt had come out completely with the vinegar and hot water method. I read all the feedback, and was quite hopeful (it was the first time he had worn the shirt). But after many trials over several hours, using two separate kettles of hot water, and then laundering, a dull greyish stain remains. Perhaps it is because I wasn't able to get to the stain right away, and it had set. (10/13/2008)

By rubies44

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Boiling or hot water locks in stains. That's what I learned the hard way. (11/04/2008)

By allykat

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

The vinegar and hot water solution works on wool too! Poured the white vinegar on and blotted off with a paper towel and rinsed with hot water. (02/13/2009)

By May

Archive: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

How do I get blueberry stains out of clothing?

By Weisgerber1

Feedback:

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Use plain hydrogen peroxide. Pour it on, then let it sit and fizz, then do it again. (08/05/2009)

By Cyinda

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I lay the stained clothing in the kitchen sink and holding the kettle high above the stain pour a slow small stream of boiling water on the stain. Be careful. Never used vinegar. Good for berry stains. (08/07/2009)

By Coolcook

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I am so grateful for these suggestions about using vinegar and boiling water on blueberry stains. I was able to save one of my favorite blouses! (08/18/2009)

By Jan T.

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

My husband just got a blueberry stain on his tan dockers. He hand-washed the spot with Ivory bar soap and it only half came out. He hand-washed the spot with borax and it came out. I think we have to get stains all the way out before putting it through the laundry. (02/09/2010)

By Barb Thom

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I am a guy who just stained his new shorts with blueberry. Covered 3 stains with vinegar and boiled water. Scrubbed the stains with a toothbrush and white vinegar. Still did not disappear completely. Used the boiling water and they were gone. Washed in cold water, and 2 hours later they were good as new. Thanks for such ideas. Who would have thought that hot water would not set the stain? I guess I need to retake chemistry 101! (05/16/2010)

By Ticotino

Archive: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I have a blueberry stain on my favorite beige cotton pants. Please help.

By Chandra from Chicago, IL

Feedback:

fresh picked blueberries
Removing Blueberry Stains From Clothing
Previous
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 4, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Blueberry Pie
Blueberry Pie Recipes
fresh picked blueberries
Removing Blueberry Stains From Clothing
Blueberry Pudding
Blueberry Pudding Recipes
Blueberry Cobbler
Blueberry Cobbler Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:30:05 PM on 10.0.1.56 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings