Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Blueberry Stain on Clothing

What will remove blueberry stains from clothing?

By Lillian from Lincoln, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

12/04/2012

This is great. I thought my son had ruined his khakis as well. I scrubbed vinagar into the stain them poured boiling water over it and it just rinsed away. Best laundry tip since blood and peroxide!

By Ev03/18/2011

It really works, vinegar and boiling water. I can't believe it. I always though hot water set a stain.
Fantastic. I can now wear my new t-shirt ,thought I would have to wear it under another.
Thanks, a bushel of Blueberries!

By Babci4809/08/2010

Pour boiling water over the blueberry stain; it has to be boiling water and not hot tap water. Works on any type of berry stain. My granddaughter dripped blueberry ice cream on her sweater the other night and the boiling water took the stain right out. :)

By Anonymous [848]09/07/2010

Try the 3% volume hydrogen peroxide that you can purchase at the pharmacy or market (it works wonders even to remove blood stains) buy pouring a little, letting sit for a minute, rub fabric together and then wash as normal. Please do a test in an inconspicuous place on the fabric first for colorfastness though.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Blueberry Stain

Can anyone tell me how I could get fresh blueberry stain out of a child's new swimsuit (cotton/spandex)?

Rene

Peroxide and Baking Soda

Try peroxide and a little bit of baking soda. (07/15/2004)

By Tawnda

Boiling Water

Pour boiling water on a blueberry stain until it is gone (07/20/2004)

By julie

Vinegar

VINEGAR! WOW it came out so fast i could bnot believe it, then I ran the hot water over the stain so it would not set. I was amazed!! (07/21/2005)

By karyn71

Oxyclean

Try oxyclean and let the item soak. It works for me. (07/21/2005)

By peggygv

Here's the Remedy I Tried

Lemon juice after soaking in oxyclean for an hour. works like a charm. the stain really does dissappear. Hooray! (08/02/2005)

By poor khaki pants

White Whine

Try applying white wine. I tried it on a linen blouse and it worked. I remembered the tip for red wine stains so I tried it for blueberry and lo and behold= bingo! Be sure to wash the garment in soapy water afterward or people will be wondering what kind of bottle you are giving your little tyke!LOL (08/06/2005)

By Eileen

Baking Soda and Peroxide

My toddler got huge blueberry stains all over his new white shirt. I used the advice from previous posts. First, a little baking soda and peroxide which made the stain fade substancially, and the I poured boiling water over it and it was as good as new! Thanks! (03/24/2006)

By Susan

Vinegar

Vinegar Rules! Today at work I got a blueberry stain on my brand new Khaki's! Thank goodness we had vinegar in the store room! I took a toothbrush dipped it in the vinegar a little elbow grease... and Voila! Thank You! (05/17/2006)

By Chris

New Request:

How to remove fresh blueberry stain from white t-shirt?

Joe

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Well, being a cheap European, I went for the boiling water. I had a dried blueberry stain on expensive, brand new, light beige capris. There wasn't enough water in one kettle to get out the stain the first time, so I repeated it by pouring the water over the stain while holding the capris over a pot and then let them soak. Worked beautifully in about 5 minutes but I wouldn't try it on fabric that needs cold washing. (07/27/2006)

By Adele

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Great Advice! The bluebeery stains came right out when using vinegar. I did pour boiling water over after just to be on the safe side. (08/06/2006)

By TomKat

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Great advice. A blueberry from a warm muffin got on my dress and sweater. I took the advice suggesting vinegar and was a little worried to pour the boiling water over it. Voila! Once I poured the boiing water over the vinegar, it was gone (08/15/2006)

By Betsy

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

All of my life I've been picking blueberries in the oldest, rattiest clothing. I was putting some in the freezer today when the juice leaked and got all over my brand new (light pink!) sweatshirt. I tried vinegar, and it was amazing. It literally just disappeared as soon as I put it on! Thank you so much for your help! (09/11/2006)

By Andrea

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I removed a blueberry stain by first using white vinager with gentle scrubbing with a tooth brush. Then poured on a cup of boiling water. Then I used some hydrogen peroxide and followed by a rinse of boiling water and the stain went bye-bye. (09/11/2006)

By Jim

Archive: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

How can I remove fresh blueberry stain from cotton material?

Charlene from MS

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I recently tried a stain remover recommended by a co-worker. Brand new ruined blouse. Got melted butter and cheese on it at a pizza buffet. I had tried the spray removers 6-7 times with no luck. This stuff took it out the first try. It also removed a very dark stain from one of the light colored chairs in the office. It is called M-30. It comes in a small container like some of the hand cleaners. I found it at Dollar General. (06/16/2008)

By MurphTheJo.

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

My 8 month old daughter spit up blueberry baby food on my new white cotton shorts. I tried the vinegar and boiling water, and was a little concerned when the stain had not come out by scrubbing it with the vinegar, but was amazed to watch it disappear as I poured the water on it. Very cool. (07/08/2008)

By Sarah B.

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

The typical pre-wash products usually do it for me, but when a bird who had obviously feasted on blueberries left its blue-stained droppings on my husband's red shirt, my pre-wash failed me. So I turned to the internet, and found your posting. It took a few treatments with the vinegar, detergent, and boiling water, but it appears that the stain has disappeared, with no damage to the red shirt. Thank you. (08/21/2008)

By Jenna

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I wish I could say the blueberry stain on my son's yellow cotton shirt had come out completely with the vinegar and hot water method. I read all the feedback, and was quite hopeful (it was the first time he had worn the shirt). But after many trials over several hours, using two separate kettles of hot water, and then laundering, a dull greyish stain remains. Perhaps it is because I wasn't able to get to the stain right away, and it had set. (10/13/2008)

By rubies44

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

Boiling or hot water locks in stains. That's what I learned the hard way. (11/04/2008)

By allykat

RE: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

The vinegar and hot water solution works on wool too! Poured the white vinegar on and blotted off with a paper towel and rinsed with hot water. (02/13/2009)

By May

Archive: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

How do I get blueberry stains out of clothing?

Archive: Blueberry Stain on Clothing

I have a blueberry stain on my favorite beige cotton pants. Please help.

By Chandra from Chicago, IL