Use Old Luggage for Storage

Instead of spending money on expensive storage bins just place your linens, seasonal clothing, photo albums, extra books, etc. in your luggage and slide under the bed. Even if it won't slide under your bed at least it won't be empty and taking up precious space when you are home.

Most of us rarely travel and even when we do we won't be home to look at the items removed and placed on the bed or floor ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This is a great idea for anyone who lives in an area that may be evacuated because of fire, flooding, etc. Irreplaceable photo albums would all be in a handy place to load in your car in a hurry. Also, a great storage container for emergency or earthquake supplies.

What a fantastic idea. I hope you win. I'm going to get 2 large suitcases out of the garage tomorrow and do this. They've been in the garage for over a year or more. This is a slap the forehead idea (why didn't I think of this?) thank you.

When my husband and I moved to our new home, we realized that we had more Chest of drawers that we actually needed just store clothing. Our home that we bought did not have adequate storage for Linens, so go home I'm beginning to store all of my linens in the chest of drawers. I folded the fitted sheet and the flat sheet together along with a pillowcase and then inserted all of the pieces into a pillowcase and folded it over, they were all placed in the chest of drawers. I also have a bedroom dresser that I store all my ceramic Christmas pieces and along with some of the Christmas Linens, on top of the bedroom dresser I have a collection of nativity scenes, Snowman, Christmas music boxes, and other Christmas items that are too large to be stored any place else in my home.

Empty Suitcase
Using Luggage As Storage
Organizing StorageOctober 20, 2009
luggage
Cleaning Luggage
hand held luggage scale
Weighing Luggage at Home
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
American flag suitcase.
Buying American Flag Themed Luggage
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:32:21 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.