One Place For All Your Paperwork

After trying every type of organization system possible for a house with four people, I have found the best solution. I put a big basket on the kitchen island, where everything seems to land. Every single piece of paper goes into it. It doesn't matter if it is junk mail, a check, important papers, I mean everything. Once a week or so, I go through the basket and sort things out.

In the interim, there is one place to find everything: no rummaging through separate piles of papers, no worrying about someone picking up your papers and moving them, etc.. I wish I had thought of this a long time ago, it would have saved me a lot of aggravation!

By Eileen from Chicago

I like this idea a lot and plan to do this myself. I have a lot of counter space in my kitchen and a big snackbar which is always getting cluttered up with junk. A basket or bin of some sort could always be quickly moved if company was coming but for day to day keeping up with all the junk, sounds like a good idea to me. Easier to sort through one basket of misc stuff than a whole counter full of stuff!

I like this idea, except I would trash the junk mail straight away as it very quickly takes over! Then I'd just temporarily pop addressed mail and coupons into the basket until I had a moment to open them and sort further.

Thanks for sharing.

I like this idea, and I know my husband will as he is always looking for the mail. The junk mail should go first tho.

Thanks for your ideas.

Folders labled Bills
Organizing Your Bills
Organizing Bills and MailOctober 18, 2007
Health Insurance Claims Paperwork
Organizing Health Insurance Paperwork
Organizing Household Paperwork
Organizing Household Paperwork
Cabinet with Multi-colored Hanging Files
Organizing Paperwork For Taxes
Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables