One Place For All Your Paperwork

After trying every type of organization system possible for a house with four people, I have found the best solution. I put a big basket on the kitchen island, where everything seems to land. Every single piece of paper goes into it. It doesn't matter if it is junk mail, a check, important papers, I mean everything. Once a week or so, I go through the basket and sort things out.

In the interim, there is one place to find everything: no rummaging through separate piles of papers, no worrying about someone picking up your papers and moving them, etc.. I wish I had thought of this a long time ago, it would have saved me a lot of aggravation!

By Eileen from Chicago

I like this idea a lot and plan to do this myself. I have a lot of counter space in my kitchen and a big snackbar which is always getting cluttered up with junk. A basket or bin of some sort could always be quickly moved if company was coming but for day to day keeping up with all the junk, sounds like a good idea to me. Easier to sort through one basket of misc stuff than a whole counter full of stuff!

I like this idea, except I would trash the junk mail straight away as it very quickly takes over! Then I'd just temporarily pop addressed mail and coupons into the basket until I had a moment to open them and sort further.

Thanks for sharing.

I like this idea, and I know my husband will as he is always looking for the mail. The junk mail should go first tho.

Thanks for your ideas.

sandra