Cakes Sticking to an Angel Food Cake Pan

Today I tried to make five flavor cake in an angel food pan and it stuck. The recipe did not call for the pan to be treated. Last summer I made a Jewish apple cake and that also stuck in the pan. Both these recipes called for this type pan - but they both stuck - any ideas why?

Thanks!
By Beth from NJ

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I've only made an Angel Food cake in the angel food cake pan. It does stick, having to be cut off the pan after cooling upside down, thus the reason for the two piece pan design. From as much as I recall, the pan is not sprayed or greased or floured. So this may be the way you are to remove the cakes you've been making in your pan.

Best Answer

Spray it with Bakers Joy, or any spray that has flour in. Think PAM has a new one. Bakers Joy is what I spray a bunt cake pan with, so would try it with your recipe.

I'll have to look up Five Flavor cake, never heard of it.

Best Answer

I looked this recipe up because it sounded interesting. Looks like it was originally a Watkins recipe and they gave no pan instructions. But, on Cooks.com the instructions said to pour into "well-greased and floured tube pan". Also to let cool 10 to 15 mins. before inverting onto plate. The recipe sounds yummy.

Best Answer

All the recipes I found for your cake stated to use a greased/floured BUNDT or tube pan...different from an angel food cake pan...at least thats how I understand it. Bundt and tube pans are sometimes non-stick coated and still have to be sprayed and/or floured. I've not seen an angelfood cake pan that way...only untreated aluminum.

Grease the pan heavily and sprinkle a lot of flour on it. Turn upside down and tap gently to eliminate the excess flour.

A friend who has done professional baking once told me that she used a mixed combination of Crisco grease and flour to grease her pans. I don't have that recipe.

Thanks to everyone for their help, will try your suggestions next time!!!

I baked a pound cake in a bundt pan. I greased and floured the pan, cake still stuck to the pan.

angel food cake on glass plate
Making Angel Food Cake
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJanuary 17, 2006
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipes
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:29:58 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.