Magic Eraser for Clean Sneakers

I can't stand having dirty sneakers. I used to use white shoe polish but it smells, takes a while to dry and can stain. I've found that using a Mr. Clean magic erase block (or similar store brand erase block) works wonderful at whitening even the oldest dingy sneakers. I tried using bleach on one shoe and the erase block on the other and I was surprised to find the shoe I used the erase block on looked much better.

By Rachel from Port Orchard, WA

When my girls were young I used Soft Scrub on their white shoes. It worked really well. When it comes to white shoe polish I haven't been able to find good old fashioned white shoe polish that came with about a two inch square of kind of stiff fuzzy fabric to apply the polish with. Anything that I have purchased for several years just doesn't do the job that the old kind did. Then there was the "white buck" shoes that when you purchased them, them came complete with a little pouch of kind of a chalk dust that you used the bag to dust the shoes every now and then to make them look clean.

This is great idea. Going to get me a Magic Eraser to give it a try on my tennies. I have tried washing, etc. and although they get a little cleaner looking, all it really seems to accomplish is shrinking them up some!

I put my slippers (I think you call them sneakers in the US) in the washing machine when they looked a bit grimy. They came out like new!

Canvas Sneakers
Cleaning Canvas Sneakers
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesApril 29, 2009
man tying sneaker
Wearing Sneakers
front of box
Magic Eraser Left Marks
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers