Have Garbage Bags Instead of Cans in The House

I am quite a fanatic about having garbage cans in my house. Truth is, we don't have them. We recycle the plastic grocery bags and hang them on a hook in the kitchen. They fill up quite quickly, but when full, outside they go to the large garbage can.

There is never a smell of garbage in the house whatsoever. We also use the grocery bags as trash can liners in the bathrooms. Once full, out they come, using the handles to tie them shut, and into the garbage can outside they go.

By Lee from Jesup, GA

I do the exact same thing! And you get so many of those plastic bags....I have NEVER run out of them! :)

I'm down to my last roll of tall kitchen trash bags and I have decided that instead of using them, I'm using the plastic grocery bags. For the kitchen, I put a small trash can lined with the grocery bag down into my tall kitchen trash can. Works great and now I take the trash out every day and put it in the container outside. I don't use a garbage bag there either as we take the container to the dump and put the trash directly into the compactor. The trash can lid is secured with a bungee cord.

I haven't used a regular trash bag in weeks now. As long as we are using plastic bags for garbage, I can't see the harm in using plastic grocery bags to put your trash into. You have to put your trash in something. And when you recycle, you have very little trash anyway.