Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Freezing Orange Juice In Carton

Can orange juice be frozen? I recently read that cartons of milk can be frozen, so I got to wondering what else can be frozen?

Sandy from Stoughon, WI

By

Best Answer

This answer has been rated the best for this question.

By grandma. (Guest Post)09/27/2008

I have frozen juice in cartons for years. Just make sure it is totally defrosted before drinking, and shake it before opening.

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By bryguy [1]09/24/2008

Sure. Orange juice concentrate is basically frozen orange juice with much of the water removed, so freezing OJ is fine. We often make orange ice by freezing juices, including OJ (you can also put in pieces of fruit). The only issue is that you have to wait until the entire container melts before drinking it. If you drink it while much of it is still frozen, you'll get too much of the orange and the remaining liquid will be too watery when melted. In other words, the liquid from early melting will have too much orange flavor while the ice that melts last will taste like diluted juice (mostly water).

BTW, you can make great slushies by pouring half-melted OJ in a blender and adding fruit.

By blt (Guest Post)09/24/2008

My sis has seven kids. When she goes shopping. She buys as much as possible especially if it is on sale. She freezes juice all the time. Thaw in fridge. Shake well before using just as you would anyway.