Ways To Hide Bra Straps

To keep bra straps hidden, I have recommended the double stick tape (sometimes called "fashion tape" or such) between the dress and bra strap. You can even add a piece again between the skin and the strap-package.

A better idea, that is more re-useable, would be to sew in the oval spring clip type hair clips (child sizes) with a loose tack (so it moves a bit). Can be fastened with one hand and is always ready in the dress/shirt.

Source: Clips were my brainstorm after those little snap-things drove me crazy.

By OrahLee from Tucson, AZ

I have problems with my bra straps falling down. I hate that! So this idea with the clips I am going to try for some reason it doesn't matter how tight I pull the strap thing they always fall down. I think it's because I have no shoulders lol purse straps do the same thing. Thanks for the Idea.

Ambrina, I have the same problem. No matter how I adjust my bra straps they always fall down off my shoulders. So I came up with an idea that works great for me. I took strips of ribbon (I used a see-thru tan color) cut to the length I needed. I sewed one end to one strap about halfway between the bra back and my shoulder. Then I measured where to put it and sewed a small hook & eye on the other end. This keeps the straps from falling down and is still easy to put on and off. I used hook & eyes because that's what I had on hand, but a small snap would also work. And it's less visible than a hair clip.

I have round shoulders and no matter what I do, my bra straps don't stay up. I've tried the double sided tape, it doesn't work for me. I take a thin piece of beige elastic and sew it to my bra, measuring up about 5 inches from each of the bra straps. The elastic lays flat against my back, it does not roll up. You can still dress yourself..LOL. It keeps the bra staps from falling down, and helps with the posture as well.

woman wearing a bra
Keeping Bra Straps from Slipping
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsMay 1, 2009
Vacuum Cleaner Cover
Making a Vacuum Cleaner Cover
Perky Bra Purses
Making a Purse from a Bra
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Making Bra Straps Shorter
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap