Retrieving Parts from a Broken Drain

The linkage to my plunger type drain broke and the remainder of the rod fell back down in the pipe where the lever is located. How do I retrieve it? is there a magnet that can be used? HELP!


May 16, 20060 found this helpful

H Jenkins

There are magnetic tools for recovering ferrouse parts; the best are used by boat owners. There are also mechanical grabs used by the infirm but will only reach about 2.5ft. Also both of these types of tool will only work (to my knowlege) on the virtical drop, if your lost parts have moved around a bend in the pipe you should seek professional help.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
May 16, 20060 found this helpful

There should be a black "U" shaped trap under the sink. Just loosen the two black nuts that are holding the pipe and the trap will slide right down.

They do unscrew in different directions one clockwise the other counter clockwise.

Hope this helps

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Article
tub drain
Retrieving Parts from a Broken Drain
< Previous
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingMay 15, 2006
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
New Years Ideas!
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 7, 2016 at 9:24:02 PM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!