Buying Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

When buying Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, look for brands with the Energy Star label. Those are rated to last long and use less energy than "cheaper" bulbs without the logo. Call you power company and as them if they have any coupons available for buying Compact Fluorescent Bulbs, I have gotten these bulbs for cheaper than incandescents by doing this and the bulbs should last up to 10 times as long.

the cheapest place to buy Compact Fluorescent Bulbs is Freds dollar store in Tennessee, they cost $1.67 and $1.69 each.

Thank you for your post. By coincidence, one of my compact fluorescent bulbs went out yesterday. I've only had it maybe a year, and my other ones are ok. It does not have the Energy Star on it. I'll have to take it back to the store and find out about it.

I just bought 25 flood lights & 45 globe lights for under 150 dollars on ebay! They're all Energy Star rated and ended up costing about 2.00 per bulb! I saved 5 bucks alone on the cost of the floods. I can feel my wallet getting fatter by the second... :)

Compact Fluorescent Bulb
Buying and Using Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
Better Living Green Living Conservation EnergyMay 29, 2007
A hand holding an incandescent bulb.
Using Incandescent Bulbs
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Compact Fluorescent Lightbulb
Disposing of Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
Fixing Fluorescent Lights
Fixing Fluorescent Lights
🎉
🎄