Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Can I Leave an Intex Above Ground Pool Out Year Round?

I plan on purchasing one of those metal frame pools by Intex. Is it okay to leave it up all year round?

By sanemom4 from North Kingstown, RI

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By sanemom4 [7]03/15/2011

Thanks for the feed back=) I just find draining the pool each time is hard. We had a metal frame pool 15x48, had it drained as much as possible. Probably about 3"-4" of water left. Didn't get to in time. Since we live in a wind tunnel, this big gust of wind some how got under the pool and flipped it over. The frame got bent in half. Now that the kids(4) are getting older. We are up grading to 18x52. Which is much bigger.

By Stephanie [111]03/13/2011

We have had an Intex metal frame above ground pool for about 7 years (we're on our second one). The guy at the pool and spa shop where we get our chemicals told us you can winterize it and leave it up for the winter - however, we usually find that when the fall hit, even with the cover on the rain and leaves would make the pool so gunky, we needed to take it down and thoroughly clean it anyway. We store it in the shed over the winter. It probably depends on where you live. A spa store in your area will know what's involved and the approximate cost.

We love the pool and use it all the time. I'd say the price is about the same as that of a city pool membership and the kids use it daily.