Wrap Presents With Foil

Instead of using wrapping paper (save a tree) for my smaller gifts, I used aluminum foil. It was much easier to wrap with than paper and I didn't have to use as much tape. I bought the longest, cheapest roll I could find. I ran out of gifts before I ran out of foil! Plus with a ribbon, it looks like more expensive foil paper. Very festive!

By Jenntaker from Lenox, MA

It is also recyclable. Depending upon the size of the package, you can use it to do baked potatoes in the oven, or put in the bottom of the oven to prevent drips. In the summer time my son uses a lot of foil to protect his barbq.

Thanks for a great suggestion!

I love this idea, it's certainly one I haven't come across before! Thanks for sharing :)

This is a fun idea...but a lot of people don't realize that it takes a lot of energy (think oil and nuclear power) to produce aluminum foil, therefore using it for anything is not very environmentally friendly.

It is recyclable, but only if it's clean, and again as good as recycling is, it still takes energy to melt it down. The best solution for anyone who cares about the environment is to reduce their waste as much as possible (like putting that leftover slice of pizza in reusable tupperware instead of wrapping it in tinfoil, which people are always so fond of doing or making sure all of your storage bowls have lids so you don't have to make a temporary cover out of tinfoil).

Using tupperware for food storage instead of foil isn't only environmentally friendly, but it saves you money by not having to buy nearly as much tin foil!

And wrapping gifts in fabric is cheap (sewing store bargain bin or garage sale), easy and can be used to make something nice afterwards!

If you want to spice it up even more, you could wrap over the foil with some colored cellophane!

Any use of tinfoil is bad for the environment. It is the most energy dense product on the market. Stop buying it. Use recycled fabric, get it at yard sales. Recycle over and over again.

Baked potatoes taste just as good when cooked naked. Clean the bottom of pans, why put foil on the bottom, use elbow grease.

This devotion to foil makes my skin crawl. Such indulgence and ignorance of the true cost of 'going green'

Crafts Christmas Gift WrapDecember 27, 2007
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Storing Plastic Wrap, Foil and Wax Paper Boxes
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
🎉
🎄