New Uses for Similar Sized Items

I've noticed that there are a lot of same-size things around the house that can be reused.

I discovered a round plastic container that came with a roll of electrical tape and found that it fits perfectly on a can of cat food. Yesterday, I noticed a clear plastic thingie (who knows where it came from) with two small holes in it and put it into my bathroom sink drain, which had lost its stopper. It was a perfect fit also.

What comes with something, or what something comes in, is often a standard size that helps me store or cover something else of that size.

By Jill from Just Outside DC

Two thumbs up ;-)

Good tip. I too try to re-use things for other purposes. Sometimes tho my husband gets mad at all the stuff I save :-)

I save clear plastic peanut butter jars to store them all in, as well as round oatmeal boxes for lids, metal can tops, plastic soda cup covers from fast foods, and slightly wrinkled napkins left over. It's clutter but double recycling and free, usable. God bless you. : )