How Do I Clean Grease Stains Out of Dried Fabric?

What is the best way to clean grease stains out of fabric? And if you have washed and dried it already are you doomed to never get the stain out?

By stellabarbadosrivet

I have had success using Shout or Dawn Dish Liquid even on garments that have been washed and dried. Let the stuff soak in a bit; I have even let it soak in overnight or longer. With the Dawn, add a little water. Wash as normal. This may take a couple of tries to be completely successful. Good luck and don't give up if it doesn't completely remove the stain the first time; try not to dry the garment unless the stain is out; just air dry.

I have used Lestoil on really horrible stains. I got a raincoat caught in a car door and that grease was really black and horrible. Lestoil worked, but I did have to do it a couple of times.

Home and Garden Cleaning FabricApril 29, 2011
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Paper Napkins
Cleaning Up Grease
🎉
🎄