Original E-mail Greeting Cards

Use clip art that you can snag on the Internet and save to a 3-1/2" floppy file, for later use. Look at some old greeting cards for verses and email your personal greeting card messages to friends.

Tip: You must have your computer set to "rich text HTML" ... "plain text" will not work for sending graphics. You can center your picture and message and also change printing to different colors and size using "rich text HTML". Before sending to friend, send it to yourself to see how it turns out ... you can then check it before sending it to your friend so there are no mistakes.

For those that may not know ... when you see a picture, right click on the picture and when the menu drops down, click "save picture as" and give it a name and save to your 3-1/2 floppy file. When you want to use a picture, retrieve it by clicking on the saved picture and go to "edit", click on "select all" and then go back and click "copy" Then all you have to do is open your email browser and "create mail" and paste the picture in the email. Add your message and send, this does not create an attachment to your email Most people do not open attachments anymore!

By Syd

Yup. I've done that. I love to make my own email cards. They usually are just one page, as I don't know how to make them "open" like a card, but it's fun to save and use all that clip art.

Actually, I save clip art for other reasons. I am a painter of all things glass, so I use clip art as examples of items that I want to reproduce on a glass item. They are very handy!

Back to your idea: those that are not used to editing photos, most printers (and computers for that matter) come with their own image editing software to install. I learned by tinkering with it. Boy was I hooked!!

Don't be afraid to try it. Just go at your own speed. If you need a source, try the "About.com" website. They have an internet for beginners section that will help you along.

Greeting cards with bows
Greeting Card Alternatives
Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsDecember 24, 2004
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
🎄