Freezing Butter

Can you freeze butter?

By sewman688 from New York, NY

Sure can freeze butter, also margarine without a problem.

Yes I freeze butter all of the time, and have for years. It is always on sale around the holidays and I stock up then.

How long does it keep in the freezer?

I freeze butter, too :-) It's okay to freeze for three or four months.

I buy butter on sale and then cut it into squares of various sizes. There is nothing like butter for some recipes, corn, fresh carrots, etc. I put the cubes on layers of parchment paper on a tray and freeze overnight (or when I rmember it.) I just pour the frozen cubes into a zipper bag and can take out as many as I want at a time. I've been doing this for a number of years & it is so handy

I freeze butter all the time. I found out that if the butter is kept in the original box (the one pound package), it tends to stay a better consistency when thawed. But that's my personal opinion. Then when I am running low, I removed a stick and put in the refrigerator. It thaws over night.

I freeze my butter all the time. I buy it on sale or just to keep extra on hand. Freezing butter is great for frugal folks.

Definately. I tend to take the quarters out of the box and wrap them in plastic wrap and/or put them into a big freezer bag as extra insurance against developing an off flavor in the freezer. Also, if you think your butter may have an off flavor, you can always use it for baking where it won't be noticed.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 29, 2009
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
Butter in Foil Wrapper
Reusing Butter Wrappers
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎄
🍂