Filing Taxes Online For Free

I have gone through the following website for like 3 years now and gotten my federal and state taxes all done, e-file, for free. I believe it's for people who make less than $25,000 per year, and there are other people who qualify too. Check it out. It's free and I have the money either deposited right into our checking account, or mailed to us. I like putting it automatically in the checking account the best.

TurboTax Freedom Edition Qualifying Criteria

Intuit offers TurboTax Freedom Edition via the Free File Alliance for taxpayers who either:

1. Earned an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) for tax year 2006 of $28,500 or less.
  2. Qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) with AGI up to $38,348.
  3. Active Duty Military and earned an Adjusted Gross Income of $52,000 or less.

In addition, taxpayers meeting this eligibility criteria and who live in one of the 21 participating states can use TurboTax Freedom Edition to prepare and file both federal and state returns at no cost.

Note: The qualifying criteria is subject to change.

Source: Part of this is from the website

By Ann from Munfordville, KY

You should be aware that filing taxes free is a rip off. The services DO NOT offer any tax advise that applies to your tax situation. Yes, you save a little money but studies by the government and the financial industries reveal that you will pay MORE in taxes that REDUCE your refund, if you qualify for one. You get what you "pay" for.

I also have been filing for several years using Turbo Tax. But It's my understanding that for some it's not free unless you go thru IRS's webside; click on "free file" and select Turbo Tax. There is several different softwares there to choose from. The website is IRS.Gov I'm always gone to this site to get to Turbo Tax and I've never had to pay for figuring my taxes OR electronic filing.

I'm wondering who Steve works for. Filing free going thru the IRS website IS NOT A RIP OFF. And futhermore, it's not always free but, in any case, it's cheaper than a tax preparation service. No doubt there are some whose circumstances require professional help but for the most of us this makes perfect sense. Most of the CPA's use Turbo Tax. Furthermore, there are more versions of Turbo Tax other than the ones people use for free filing. AND, it's cheaper to buy that version outright than to hire a professional to do it for you.

I've been in this business over 20 years and I'm always amazed at the people who fork out good money and big bucks for something they can do themselves. For those of you who are in doubt go ahead and use a tax preparation service, then go to IRS.Gov and figure your taxes again. It won't let you print or file if you have to pay but you will see that the bottom line is the same. I've given this advise to people who quit using the pros and started doing it themselves.

The version of Turbo Tax for self employed people is not available thru the IRS website. Educate yourself when it comes to your finances and if you do use a professional don't always automatically assume it's accurate and ALWAYS double check his/her work and if there is something you don't understand...ASK.

Fist Full of Dollars
Filing Taxes
Budget & Finance TaxesJanuary 15, 2008
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
A woman paying her bills online.
Paying Bills Online
Online Sales Tax
Saving Money on Taxes