Trouble Printing Email Content Only

I am relatively new with the computer and was wondering how do I print a letter with nothing else, but the letter printing out. I am trying to print from my E-Mail. I always get all the info at the top of screen on my letters. Thanks and God bless!

By Debra from Hampton, TN

Copy and paste the email into Microsoft Word document, and then print off a copy.

You highlight the content of the email (holding the right click of your computer mouse), and it will be highlighted in blue. Then push cntrl + p, for print or push the printer icon, and say in the print menu that pops up that you will only print the selection. That will exclude the rest of the page (ads, etc.). Then print. Hope this is clear.

My 'highlighting' is accomplished by holding down the left button of the mouse. Once highlighted, release the button and proceed normally to print. When the print menu opens up, put a check mark by 'Selection'. I generally print only the selected portion of any text; this saves wasting ink, and don't forget that you can print on both sides of the paper. I can get four financial transactions [deposit, transfers, etc.] on one piece of paper

MCM has the easiest way, although the rest are good, too. You can also set your printer to grayscale and the rest will just copy in a gray ink. But why waste paper, right?

Sometimes, you can save several emails back and forth on one page, depending on their size. You can also change the size of the font of the email you just copied and pasted, if your emails are long and you want to save paper. You again click and drag, highlighting the words. Then, go up to the size of the text and make it smaller. If your plan is to keep them in word till you might print them, you can do it each time or wait till you are ready to print and do it all at once, clicking and dragging the entire block of emails at once, minimizing the entire multi-page document at once.

When you click and drag to highlight, you can include the senders address too, if that is important.

Hope this helps

Copy the content, then paste it in a word document then print. If it is for legal purposes, you must print the whole email.

computer printer
Printing Tips and Tricks
Computers TroubleshootingOctober 24, 2010
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Photo of a person clicking on their inbox.
Organizing Your Email
A computer and printer.
Printing a Web Page
Trouble Printing Coupons