Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Decorating a Lattice Screen

How should I decorate a large white lattice screen that will be behind the brides table? I've bought rolls of lavender/lilac tulle that's 6 inches wide by 25 feet (I'm placing shimmer on some and 'crystals' on others) and fake flowers. Also, the bride would like to incorporate white Christmas lights.

Should I run the tulle and lights in and out of the lattice work, placing flowers occasionally for color? Or do most people drape the tulle across the top and let it fall to the floor at the ends?

I haven't been able to find pictures on the web of lattice screens decorated, so I'd appreciate anyone's opinion who's willing to give it!

Thanks,
Beth from Louisville, KY

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By aud (Guest Post)09/15/2006

Google "wedding backdrops" , and then click on "Images", you should find tons of ideas! Good Luck!

By beth (Guest Post)03/21/2006

Thanks for your suggestion.... I appreciate it, and for the congratulations also. I'm just the maid of honor though :) thats why I get to do the decorating and such.
thanks again

By Michele (Guest Post)03/17/2006

First let me say, congratulations. I have put the lights around the lattice first and then put the tulle over the lights. Kinda puff it up on the corners and then let it fall to the floor. Or you can drap it off the corners and then gather it up ever so much and put the flowers around the gathered part.

I hope this helps and makes sense to you.
If you need any more explanations for this you can email me at
ucmelaffn @ aol . com (leave out spaces)