GE Front Loader Won't Complete Wash Cycle Without Restarting

I have a GE front loader washer. It will not complete a full wash cycle without restarting it several times. I have been told it could be because of the wrong detergent or too much. I have also been told it was the front control board. Also a possible faulty motor.

I have always used the HE detergent and measured it out exactly. Before spending too much, is it worth it? And does anyone really know what the problem would be?

By Julie from Louisville, KY

Wash a few loads without soap. If you are using too much or the wrong one, that would tell you. I say a few loads though, because the clothing may already have a soap residue built up in it that would have to come out first.

Front control theory: timer function is kaput. ... troubleshooting+ge+front+&aqi=g1

Make sure the washer is level, then try it.

How old is your machine? Have you called their service department? Sadly I have found products made by GE to be junk that does not last, and always has a problem of some sort. I also read the GE is no longer making appliances? However they are making parts for nuclear power plants! Let's pray their QA is better here.

My husband and I just bought a new house and a new GE front loading washing machine and ours had the same problem, it just kept cutting off before it would finish a cycle. Turns out the problem was that our hot water was not hooked up properly so whenever we started a load in warm or hot water and the washer could not access this water, it shut off.

You might want to check to make sure your water lines are hooked up correctly. We had no idea until this problem started. Good luck!

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersDecember 4, 2009
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Washing Machine
Washing Machine Moves During Spin Cycle
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start