Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Balloon Centerpieces

I need ideas on how to make a table centerpiece using balloons without helium. What can I use to make them stand and to keep them weighed down? Please help.

By Betty from KY

By Scooter04/01/2009

Easter grass is also great to put in Mason jars. Let some of the "grass" spill over the top of the jar.

By Robin Herrin03/27/2009

Along that same line using the balloon sticks, you could put sand in the bottom of Mason jars and place the sticks down into that and then pull tissue paper up around the outside of the jar, gathering at the neck with curling ribbon or wired ribbon.

By Monica03/27/2009

The dollar stores here (the kind where everything is a dollar) have packages of "balloon sticks." Okay, I don't know what they're really called, but they are plastic sticks with tops that hook to plain balloons. They are in packages of 10-12, I think. They're colorful, and you can cut them to vary the height. I have had some for years, and they last well. I use them in the yard when my kids have birthdays. A couple dozen balloons on sticks looks really festive! Hope this helps. It's inexpensive, colorful, and easy to arrange in bunches or alone. When I have done table arrangements, I've used mason jars or pretty vases to hold the sticks. If you fill the jars with tissue paper or another filler, it's actually quite attractive. Good luck!