Balloon Centerpieces

I need ideas on how to make a table centerpiece using balloons without helium. What can I use to make them stand and to keep them weighed down? Please help.

By Betty from KY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The dollar stores here (the kind where everything is a dollar) have packages of "balloon sticks." Okay, I don't know what they're really called, but they are plastic sticks with tops that hook to plain balloons. They are in packages of 10-12, I think. They're colorful, and you can cut them to vary the height. I have had some for years, and they last well. I use them in the yard when my kids have birthdays. A couple dozen balloons on sticks looks really festive! Hope this helps. It's inexpensive, colorful, and easy to arrange in bunches or alone. When I have done table arrangements, I've used mason jars or pretty vases to hold the sticks. If you fill the jars with tissue paper or another filler, it's actually quite attractive. Good luck!

Along that same line using the balloon sticks, you could put sand in the bottom of Mason jars and place the sticks down into that and then pull tissue paper up around the outside of the jar, gathering at the neck with curling ribbon or wired ribbon.

Easter grass is also great to put in Mason jars. Let some of the "grass" spill over the top of the jar.

Table Centerpiece
Table Centerpiece Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesMarch 27, 2009
Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Making a Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Record Table Centerpiece
Making a Vinyl Record Table Centerpiece
Birthday Party Centerpiece
Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
Blue balloon flowers.
Growing Balloon Flowers (Chinese Bellflower)
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 1:08:49 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.