1. First take one of the knee socks and flatten it with the heel underneath.
2. Make a cut through both layers down from the top about 7 inches (about three inches above the heel) or half way to the toe. Each side of the cut makes one leg.
3. Stuff about 4 inches of the toe and tie it shut.
4. Sew the ends of the legs and about halfway down on both legs.
5. Stuff the legs and the body.
6. Sew the opening between the legs closed.
7. Use the other sock for the arms and the tail. Cut the arms from the top of the sock and the tail from the toe.
8. Sew and stuff the arms. Attach them to the monkey.
9. Sew the material cut from the toe into one long ribbon by folding and stitching down the edges. Attach the arms and the tail.
10. Cut one piece of white felt for the face (see drawing) cut two ears and two eyes from black felt. Sew them on the monkey face.
You now have a wonderful toy for your baby. It's safe, washable, and not easily dropped!
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
Can you show more detail in pictures explaining what to do and and what you need in the instructions?
Thank you, Morgan S.
I remember the Christmas I made a lot of sock monkeys and someone put them on the tree and took a picture.
I have a 4 1/2 month old grandson that is learning to hang onto things & dropping them (already learning that little game :0) }. This sounds good for him and easy for grandma to make LOL. Thanks for the idea and instructions.
Add your voice to the conversation.