Graduation Gift Ideas for My Niece

My niece will be graduating from college in a few weeks. What could I give her for a present? Over the years I have given her many picture frames, keepsake boxes, photo albums, journals, and address books. I don't think she wants any more of those. She has all the luggage and cosmetics cases she'll ever need. She uses her cell phone for a travel clock. Would a crucifix be appropriate? She wears one all the time. She also likes to travel(in the US). Is there something I could get her for that? I don't travel, I don't know what travelers use. Thanks for any suggestions.

Peanut from Virginia

Why not give her something she can use more than once? Like a Starbucks gift card, so she can hang out with her friends at a coffee shop, or a phone card for minutes on her cell phone. Sounds like she doesn't need any more things--give her an experience instead.

Or get her a piece of carryon luggage or toiletry kit or maps and books for her travels.

how about a silver st christophers medal he is the patron saint of travellers and protection

If she would like to travel in Europe, a Eurail pass would be a great idea. Does the US have a similar pass where you can travel all over by rail for a set rate, prehaps within a state?

The most well received gift I ever gave was a pop up hamper filled with all the things a college Freshman will need (laundry detergent, snack items, towels, cleaning supplies, devotional items, thank you cards, magnets, paper clips, tool kit, etc. plus some fun stuff personalized to the person. It was practical and I obtained many of the items at the dollar store.

One thing she can use anywhere are Traveler Checks. You can get them at your bank which would make it easy for you. Or find out from her mom if there is anything she needs. Starting out in life if she has a job lined up find out if she will be moving and into her own place. Good Luck darlene

I would say a gift card or money because they are useful, but if you want to give her something tangible or more personal maybe:

-something related to the career she will be starting

-a subscription to a magazine she likes

-a charm for a charm bracelet

-a cookbook or cookware if she will be moving out on her own

-a nice Bible or devotion book if she is religious

-tickets to something she enjoys

-if she is planning a trip somewhere then get a gift specific to the trip or a gift card to a restaurant or place specific to her trip

-if you live close then maybe an offer of night out to celebrate her accomplishments

Good luck selecting a gift!

-a subscription to a magazine she likes

-a charm for a charm bracelet

-tickets to something she enjoys

Good luck selecting a gift!

I would buy her something she can use in her new career. Gary Dominicus

My daughter is also graduating from college. Her degree is a business degree and I too struggled on what to get for her. Finally I came up with the idea of getting her a crystal name plate, business card holder, and a cute little paper weight. It is shaped like a round diamond out of a diamond ring and I had her name put on the card holder and the paper weight. I decided on this because she will be able to take it with her if she changes careers and always have a keep sake from her parents with her at work as a reminder of how proud we are of her for her accomplishments. The web site I used to order from was www.wealthwood.com. Good luck

I think your idea of a crucifix (or any other kind of jewelry) is a great one. When I graduated, I received too many 'business' related gifts. However, my aunts and grandma gave me jewelry, which I treasured and still do.

When I graduated, I was broke and had way too many things. I was really stressed out about money (will I be able to pay the bills between graduation and the first paycheck?). So money was really helpful. Ask her parents - if she has plenty of money then something more personal would be appreciated.