Plarn Coin Purse
Square coin purse made from grocery plastic bag. With this craft, I reduced plastic garbage going into the environment.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- plarn (grocery plastic bag cut into strips)
- thread or sewing yarn
- size E crochet hook
- sewing needle
- 5-6 inches zipper
- Start ch 18
- Round 1: *1 dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in each ch up to the last ch, 5 dc in the last ch, working back loops in opposite side, dc in each ch up to the last ch, 5 dc in the last ch then sl st tog *
- Round 2: *ch 2, dc in each st up to the last ch then sl st tog *
- Round 3 to 8: Rep. round 2. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Round 9: (Use yarn instead of plarn so that you could easily sew the zipper in it) Join to round 8 *ch 2, dc in each st up to the last st. Sl st tog *. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew the zipper by hand in round 9, using sewing thread and needle.
- start ch 5, sl st to join to make a ring
- to make the 1st to 5th petal: ch 4, 1sc
- sl st to the 1st petal hole, ch 2, 3 dc, sl st
- sl st to the 2nd petal hole,ch 2, 3dc, sl st
- sl st to the 3rd petal hole, ch 2, 3dc, sl st
- sl st to the 4th petal hole, ch 2, 3 dc, sl st
- sl st to the 5th petal hole, ch 2, 3dc, sl st. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Using sack needle and plarn as thread, sew the flower into the coinpurse.
By Nelly from Estacada, OR
June 2, 20110 found this helpful
Here are some of the coinpurse I made with that pattern. I was not able to upload all of it in my submission craft so I'll just post it in the Feedback.
June 3, 20110 found this helpful
Oh they are so pretty and would make lovely birthday gifts for my 5 year olds school friends, thanks for the idea.
June 4, 20110 found this helpful
Welcome Ruth. I usually make these to give as a gifts to my friends daughter.
June 8, 20110 found this helpful
Very cute and I love the little flower embellishment.
June 15, 20110 found this helpful
Thank you RecycleCindy.
June 18, 20110 found this helpful
Plarn is so cool! I love to crochet, and I love to help reduce waste, plus it's like I have an unlimited supply of free yarn. thanks for the idea! I never thought of making plarn flowers before.
February 20, 20120 found this helpful
There is a video on youtube which shows you how to make plarn. Just go to youtube and do a site search for plarn. If you knit or crochet (which I don't) you can make your plarn for your projects.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 10:41:03 PM on 10.0.0.45 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us