Cow Diet Reminder Fridgie
Here is another vintage Diet Reminder Fridgie. This cute little cow is easy and fun to make. Something the kids can help with, and it makes a nice little gift with a humorous message.
- brown foam
- scrap of white or grey foam
- scrap of pink foam
- black Sharpie
- 6MM wiggly eyes
- red and black sequin
- 1/4 inch ribbon
- Tacky white glue
- magnetic strip (cut with scissors)
- alphabet macaroni
- Print out the template (make 2 of the cow). I prefer card stock because it is easier trace around.
- Lay patterns right side down on the foam and trace around them with a black Sharpie. The reason for this is so that if any of the line remains when you cut them out, the lines will not be visible to your finished craft. Cut out the pieces and turn the pieces right side up.
- Position the udder in the proper place between the 2 cow pieces and glue in place.
- Matching the edges of cow pieces, glue them together.
- Match up the tips of the horns, and glue the horn piece in place.
- Make a bow with the ribbon, and glue it to the horns as shown in the photo.
- Glue eyes, nose and mouth in place.
- Using a toothpick, place a small dot of white glue where you want to start the text. Position the "H", and continue with all the alphabet macaroni letters to spell out "Holy Cow, Are You Eating Again". If you are unable to find the alphabet macaroni, just print the words on paper or poster board and glue to the cow.
- Glue a couple strips of magnet to the back of the cow.
The instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader
Click Here to download the Cow Diet Reminder Fridgie Instructions and Templates in PDF format.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years. Harlean has a CD available with 11 unique crafts designs for only $5.00 (including shipping). For more information visit:
May 1, 20090 found this helpful
I LOVE this idea. I'm going to make one for my fridge.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 1:42:57 PM on 10.0.0.197 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us